The blackberry tour is a great phone upgrading from a curve 8330..but the battery life on the tour isnt wat i expected and idk if anyone has had the same issue but I am trying to get the tour back and verizon is telling me I only have one exchange so now i am stuck with an EnV 3...which sucks...any ideas?...can anyone help me out with this?...And no I am not paying full price..LOL..
    08-11-09 11:19 AM
    What steps have you taken to optimize your battery life?

Have you considered a second battery, BlackBerrys can do that.
    08-11-09 11:43 AM
    No I dont have the tour anymore..I am stuck with an EnV3 and I hate it...I want to get the tour back but verizon is giving me a hard time which sucks..
    08-11-09 11:48 AM
    I did the same thing... Bought a Tour the first day it came out and then returned it for various reasons for the pearl flip... had to exchange two of those for software issue's and went back to the tour on my fourth return. i also have Verizon and they can do a return as many times as they want as long as its within the 30 days... You just have to find a manager that will approve it... oh and pay 35 bucks each time. Good Luck!
    08-11-09 11:55 AM
    really??...Verizon is ridiculous sometimes who did you speak too lol
    08-11-09 12:03 PM
    It is in the written agreement that you signed. Only one exchange to a different model phone within the 30 day period. You can get as many exchanges as needed of the same model due to hardware problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 12:19 PM
    The $35 is probably only if you're switching models/colors.

If they're giving you a hard time just return it if you're within your 30 days and go back and get it a week later.
    08-11-09 12:21 PM
    one exchange my rear end I just spoke to customer service and they are gonna mail me out a tour and i only had to pay a 20 dollar difference price..
    08-11-09 12:53 PM
    Wouldn't a simpler solution have been just to buy an extended life battery from the crackberry store?? I mean, I agree battery life with the Tour isn't spectacular, but I'm not about to trade it in for an EnV!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 01:16 PM
    yeah well i ordered it and its coming to me tomorrow so i am happy yayy!
    08-11-09 02:28 PM
    Shouldn't be a problem. The worst is you may have to pay the Tax only on the phone (not for the phone itself). They did this for me when i switched from my 9530 to 9630. Had soooo many issues with the Storm after 9 months (and 5 phones!!!) I had had it with the Storm and wasn't leaving without a new phone. The rep/manager was very understanding, and went above and beyond to make sure I left with a solid phone of my likings (Tour).
    08-11-09 02:31 PM
    Now keep the darn thing!!
    08-11-09 02:31 PM
    LOL i will for sure...regular phones are boring I think in my own opinion
    08-11-09 02:35 PM
    threaten to cancel your contract. It makes finical since for verizon to let you switch back to the tour since you will have to have a data plan.
    08-11-09 02:42 PM
    yeah i did that and it worked out for the better...I said quote on quote "I dont seem to be getting any where either give me what I need or your loosing a loyal customer, I can go to at&t and save myself the time and energy and get an iphone" take that verizon lol
    08-11-09 03:09 PM
    Just call in, I went through three blackberry storms and they immediately upgraded me to the Tour and waved the fees!
    08-11-09 07:16 PM
    I have Verizon and have never paid any sort of restocking fee to swap out a phone. You guys are getting stuck by the man. But Verizon is more strict. Because they know if they lose you, they will gain 2 more somewhere else.
    08-11-09 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD