Ah well. No Bold for me. For now.
    06-24-10 08:57 PM
    So what's this about, you tried to have them replace your Tour with a new Bold unit and they wouldn't do for the reason posted?

hmm and I was just thinking about calling Verizon for a replacement because my headset jack is on its way out... and I don't even use it all that much. The Tour's headset jack is built like crap unfortunately, since the rest of the phone is pretty damned solid.
    06-24-10 09:22 PM
    i needed a replacement anyway. Some people in the forums speculated that they (ver) were phasing out the Tour...not yet it would seem...
    06-24-10 10:36 PM
    I can vouch this to be true, I called on tuesday trying to score the 9650. they shipped me the 9630. i was sad.. but they actually did fix the issue. I was playing with the new tour, they replaced the old trackballs. instead of the smooth shiny marble like trackball we use to have, they put these soft foamy rubbery balls in. its got plenty of grip. but looks a bit cheaper. and it works absolutely fine. However it was no trackpad so i returned the tour back to them anyways. rather keep my apps and pin than to reload everything onto another tour.
    06-25-10 01:41 AM
    Crackberry users have a way screwing up a good deal. Verizon was replacing Tours with Bolds because they had no Tours, right. Well, thanks to a global announcment on the blogs that you can replace your Tour with a Bold, there was a run on Verizon for the Bold replacments. The side effect? Now Verizon has lots of Tours! They fix them and now you have a refurb Tour as your replacment. Nice going Crackberry!

A while back, I read about a site that was paying top dollar for used Tours and other Blackberries. Then the vendor got a CB demand rush and next think you knew, the vendor wasn't paying top dollar any more. Any time you see a deal like what Verizon did or read about special deals in the forums, move quick, because the rush that will come from the exposure in the CB forums and blogs will soon wipe out that deal.
    06-25-10 03:34 AM
    Crackberry users have a way screwing up a good deal. Verizon was replacing Tours with Bolds because they had no Tours, right. Well, thanks to a global announcment on the blogs that you can replace your Tour with a Bold, there was a run on Verizon for the Bold replacments. The side effect? Now Verizon has lots of Tours! They fix them and now you have a refurb Tour as your replacment. Nice going Crackberry!

A while back, I read about a site that was paying top dollar for used Tours and other Blackberries. Then the vendor got a CB demand rush and next think you knew, the vendor wasn't paying top dollar any more. Any time you see a deal like what Verizon did or read about special deals in the forums, move quick, because the rush that will come from the exposure in the CB forums and blogs will soon wipe out that deal.
    I think you greatly overestimate the power of these forums.
    06-25-10 08:50 AM
    This is such a STUPID argument and I'm sick or reading it.

Nobody ruined anything for anyone, if your phone was broken you got another whether it was a bold or a tour you were getting something new. Some people jumped on it earlier and got the bold there is nothing wrong with that. The ones who have problems now will get replacement tours, nothing wrong with that either.

So your wrong, nobody screwed nobody.

The "sweet" deal was going to run out sometime no matter what, so if it took a little longer when it did finally end guess what is that someone's fault also?

06-25-10 09:37 AM

sounds like sour grapes.
    06-25-10 10:48 AM

Thank goodness for the CB nation or I would still be hacking around on my old Tour.
    06-25-10 11:06 AM
    I can vouch this to be true, I called on tuesday trying to score the 9650. they shipped me the 9630. i was sad.. but they actually did fix the issue. I was playing with the new tour, they replaced the old trackballs. instead of the smooth shiny marble like trackball we use to have, they put these soft foamy rubbery balls in. its got plenty of grip. but looks a bit cheaper. and it works absolutely fine. However it was no trackpad so i returned the tour back to them anyways. rather keep my apps and pin than to reload everything onto another tour.
    Interesting, maybe they started finally putting in the Curve, I believe, trackballs that were said to work problem free in the Tours from the beginning when people originally started having the problem. I had contemplated doing that myself until I found out that you had to disassemble the whole phone to get at the trackball.
    06-25-10 11:08 AM

Nobody ruined anything for anyone, if your phone was broken you got another whether it was a bold or a tour you were getting something new. Some people jumped on it earlier and got the bold there is nothing wrong with that. The ones who have problems now will get replacement tours, nothing wrong with that either.

The "sweet" deal was going to run out sometime no matter what, so if it took a little longer when it did finally end guess what is that someone's fault also?
    Although I do agree with you, there were a lot of people that "suddenly" had trackball or other problems with their Tours as soon as they heard they were getting swapped out with Bolds, just sayin. Who knows if that had any effect or not, but it was happening.
    06-25-10 11:12 AM
    Wow, didn't mean to make my original comment sound like a complaint. I was just making an observation. You know like the one you make when you see dark gloomy clouds on the horizon and it starts to drizzle in your neighborhood, so you automatically assume it's going to rain. Perhaps, I read too much into the observation.

My Tour needed replacement within the first month had it, but I am not the type to rush down to the store and get it replaced. I read many of those threads on the Bold replacements and they were a few users like me, inlcuding a forums moderator, that got their Tour replaced before the Bold replacement came along and were happy with the replacement Tour they got. But fellow users on the thread were telling them to go back to Verizon and claim something else wrong so that they can get the updated phone for free. That' s not fair for people who paid for the upgrade. And, let's face it guys, many users did pay that upgrade because they were tired of dealing with their Tours. So, how do you think they feel about this BS going on?
    06-25-10 11:28 AM
    I had a problem that could not be fixed with latest software upgrade, or by tech support, or by store salespeople and had I not heard on CB about the Bold exchange, I would still have that problem.
    06-25-10 11:39 AM
    notice the only ppl who complain are those who did not get a bold. sounds like a bit of jealousy to me. doesnt help to check crackberry daily.
    06-26-10 08:42 PM

You're right, there's nothing wrong with getting a replacement Tour, or a Bold. But I'm agreeing with the first post, that there was a massive influx of calls to Verizon for 'replacements'. I had called in a few days before I saw that post on CB, and I ended up getting a Bold 9650. But when my mom called in about a week later (a few days after the post), she was asking about a new phone. The guy said that he had a lot of calls in the past few days about Tour problems, and they had shipped out a bunch of new Bolds. While I would naturally tend to agree that Verizon would have gotten a new shipment of Tours in anyways, I think they would NOT have if it weren't for this. They had completely revamped their inventory NOT to include the Tour, so why would they ship more in? They phased out the phone... so I can't imagine they would buy new shipments of phones that they stopped selling/buying/offering.
    07-10-10 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD