I think these forums are a great place to go if you have questions about your BB. They are very informative. What I can't stand however is the non stop BB bashing that goes on. I hate this and I hate that and I hate RIM etc.

With all this bashing going on I start looking at my Tour(which has worked great from day 1) like it's about to stab me in the back! I start thinking to myself can I be doing better? Is there something I am not getting here???

So I cruise over to the Android forum and start reading about the problems with the new Droid and other HTC models. Wha? Their phones aren't perfect? What? But what is funny about their threads is they talk about the problem with their phone but then they start bashing BlackBerry!? Blackberry sucks Android rocks, sure wish I could take pictures but it rocks!!

OK so I cruise over to the S2 forums. Pretty much the same story only no my phone rocks just BB Sucks.

It is hard to tell we are even on a BB Fan site! So I get to thinking after weeks of reading these threads. I even stop by the local VZR store to check out the Droid, S2, and just to see the OS 5 the Curve 2.

I see multitasking, web browsing, snappy OS's and realize something. My OS is snappy it runs with little to no lag and I can't imagine how much faster it could possibly go from screen to screen. BB is a multitasking champ. My Tour runs all the apps I like with no problem, I can watch utube. I browse the web sites I want to see at a reasonable speed. Great camera. The Calendar, and other organizational software are second to none along with messaging and finally as a bonus it has a million keyboard shortcuts that make navigation super quick!

My hardware is awesome, high quality especially compared with the jiggley keyboard of the new curve...WTF?

My Tour Rocks!!!!!!!!!
    My Tour is fulfilling it's mission with flying colors!!!!!!!!
    I really like my Tour!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway just thought it needed to be said...not everyone hates their BB.
    Last edited by cocatholicdad; 11-27-09 at 10:21 AM.
    11-27-09 10:13 AM
    Very well said! Glad someone has stepped up to the Plate! Keep up the positive attitude! Go Blackberry Go!
    11-27-09 10:18 AM
    +1

Though keep in mind that many who first come here come seeking help because they have a problem, hence a lot of the threads like "HELP!!!! I LOST MY BROWSER(BBM, etc)". Help sites don't generally generate tons of "I <3 my phone" threads/posts, because most folks don't join looking to praise their phone.. as I said they come to seek help with a problem. Hopefully CB provides that fairly effectively. There will always be haters. There will always be people who feel the need to reinforce their ego or sense of insecurity by bashing everyone who doesn't agree with them. Hopefully the Mods can take care of them BTW, I love my S2 =)
    11-27-09 10:19 AM
    typically people who dont like something are more likely to post then people who do like something. This is why it happens. I love my bb tour although I want a essex for wi-fi but still.
    11-27-09 10:24 AM
    The thing that gets me is, no matter what device model you're using, it's still a BlackBerry...
    11-27-09 10:30 AM
    +1

Though keep in mind that many who first come here come seeking help because they have a problem, hence a lot of the threads like "HELP!!!! I LOST MY BROWSER(BBM, etc)". Help sites don't generally generate tons of "I <3 my phone" threads/posts, because most folks don't join looking to praise their phone.. as I said they come to seek help with a problem. Hopefully CB provides that fairly effectively. There will always be haters. There will always be people who feel the need to reinforce their ego or sense of insecurity by bashing everyone who doesn't agree with them. Hopefully the Mods can take care of them BTW, I love my S2 =)
    Just to make sure no one gets the wrong impression I am not talking about legitimate questions. I think the forums are a great technical help resource.

Just talking bout the haters specifically.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 10:34 AM
    Just to make sure no one gets the wrong impression I am not talking about legitimate questions. I think the forums are a great technical help resource.

Just talking bout the haters specifically.

You are correct, this site is great for assistance with issue for BB's. You will find thype of bickering of which you speak on any forum based site, whether is for phones, computers, cars, anything.

One just has to weed through all garbage to get what they are looking for
    11-27-09 10:39 AM
    I hate the Blackberry/Crackberry addiction ;-)

11-27-09 11:32 AM
    I like my Tour. I just hate that I had to give up on the large touch screen. If given the choice between the Tour and Storm, I'd take the Storm. I ended up with the Tour through Multi-FRU and it was the only comparable option at the time. OS 5.0 made a big difference in the phone an remedied all my problems w/ the Storm. Unfortunately, I can't go back and no one wants to trade.
    11-27-09 12:59 PM
    I hate my Tour. I hate it because it owns me. Those with complaints are always the loudest.

11-27-09 04:21 PM
    I loved my Berry...but i love my DROID too both devices are great and i can say nothing bad about either! But in reality at the end of the day its a cell phone! nothing more nothing less!
    11-27-09 04:41 PM
    I was ok with my tour, but I was never thrilled. I admit I had some iphone envy, but I certainly didn't want to be on att. My droid has cured that though. I imagine as the iphone-envying people leave for the iphone or droid, they'll quit whining about their blackberries.
    11-27-09 05:00 PM
    I honestly have to agree with the OP, although I will say this... it's a reality that we have seen bad build quality with Tours, as much as I think it's a great device (being that it is a Blackberry in general).

Nonstop threads about speaker rattle (which I have as well, it is blatantly apparent), and of course the early trackball issues, which I too had (replaced device now).

Well I guess it's natural for people to nick pick after a bad run or something.

Storm issues were rampant last year, and I too couldn't believe how slow the browser was, why!!

True, speakerphones never sound all that good on a mobile device, but honestly the Tour build problem has been consistent, and I have seen it on at least 4 different units.
    11-27-09 06:17 PM
    The Forum is not a fan club. It's a place to share problems, compare fixes, get ideas, etc. When I got my first smart-phone ever, several weeks ago, I thought it would be perfect. Of course it wasn't. My Tour was in fact defective. This forum with all of it's complaints helped me figure out it was defective and assisted me in a strategy for getting it replaced with a new one. Now I have my second Tour, which has a minor defect in the GPS that I can live with. But still, it reminds me of a Microsoft Windows 98 PC. It freezes or reboots about once a day, exhibits unpredictable behavior at times (usually when I'm showing somebody something cool on it), and has been a general pain in the ars since I got it. And I don't mind telling people about these problems.

Would I trade it for an iPhone? No way! I love my Tour and I use and abuse it to the full. It's opened up a new world to me that I could not have imagined just 2 months ago. And just like Microsoft finally (almost) got their act together with better and better performing operating systems, RIM & VZW will eventually do better too.

But they're certainly not going to strive to do better, if we keep saying how wonderful BB messenger is and how crisp the photos are and how well the multi-tasking works. They need to know that my VZ Navigator crashes my BB Tour 4.7.1.61 every other day and that it can't find my custom ringtones if it runs more than a day without a battery pull. I'll live with those problems because I have workarounds and the BB does so many other vital functions so well, it outweighs those negatives.

As I stated in the beginning. This is not a fan club.

FA
    11-27-09 07:36 PM
    I never said it was and I went out of my way to fully recognize those with legit concerns complaints and tech issues. I was addressing those who seem to go out of their way to be negative.

Frankly these forums are whatever we want to make them. As long as I am talking about the Tour I figure I have just as much right to post my thoughts about it in this forum as the next guy.

11-27-09 07:51 PM
    I agree 100% I watched so many "self proclaimed hardcore bb fans" jump ship for droid- even BB website owners/ moderators. I think to myself why? MY BB does everything and it does it well..
    11-28-09 12:13 AM
    I love my Tour as well! Honestly, I don't think I will ever go to a non-BB. I played around with the Droid and didn't like the keypad. I wanted to see what all the hype was about. My tour does everything I want it to! I had a Pearl and thought that was great, but my Tour definitely takes the cake!

Although, the 9100 looks mighty fine...

I see posts about jumping ship from Tour or jumping ship from BB.. never enough about how much they love their berry. And OP, I agree with you when you said the forums are what we make them to be.

BB all the way for me
    11-28-09 06:38 AM
    It's called human nature...it will never change.
    11-28-09 07:38 AM
    The way I see it there is probably no other product on the market like a cell phone (maybe a PC) that is owned by so many and put through so much use/abuse. Everybody and their brother owns a cell phone and a good deal of those are BBs and as BB owners know, BBs are really put through the wringer and a lot of times put through the wringer by owners who are not as "smart" as their smart phones. All the managers in my office have BBs and I can't begin to tell you how many times a day I have to "fix" or show the guys how to do something on their BB. If not for having someone to help them out they would probably think the BB sucks compared to their old "dumb" phone.

I think a lot of complaints and what is perceived as whining come from people that don't take the time to really learn their BB. Also as prevalent as cell phones are these days (heck I see kids in middle school with BBs) RIM could probably make a BB that is virtually without flaw but even with a two year commitment to a carrier it would still cost $400-$500. To make it affordable and meet the demand of the masses there are going to be some deficient units and unfortunately a lot of those probably land in the hands of folks that probably aren't as smart as their new smart phone.
    11-28-09 08:45 AM
    Well if you've been studying the negativity a little bit, most of them are OS related saying its old and ancient and the other is the defects/issues that plagued the Tour and the early Storms which may be true but undeservingly so. The defects I can understand but to say you're leaving BB b/c its stale is just looking for reason(not a good one) to get the latest and newest phone without much thought. Honestly, this is my first BB and I had no clue the OS was old/ancient until I joined Crackberry. I guess if you been with BB forever and needed something new, that's fine but I find it laughable when these people boost their new phone as if it was invincible then gets **** hurt when something negative was said about it. Yes, I'm talking about the Droid user, who act similiar to the iphone users in boosting their phone greater then what it should be. I've had own the Hero and Droid but neither wasn't that great of an improvement over my Tour to justify the extra spending or carrier change. When all is said and done, they're nothing more then just a new shiny OS with a much faster browser when pretty much everything else most BBs can do just as well if not better. Search my thread if you need an in depth review and comparison of the Droid/Hero and why I didn't stick with them.

11-28-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD