Hey, is anyone else having a funky battery cover issue? Mine is secure, but there is a slight movement/shifting while the cover is "locked" into place. There is also a small gap between the phone and battery cover.
    07-13-09 12:24 AM
    Seems to be a common problem
    07-13-09 12:25 AM
    Yep, if you look on the inside of the cover, there's a piece of foam.
    The Seido high capacity OEM for the Storm helps the movement a little bit, (Storm and Tour use the same battery), but i'm thinking one of the RIM engineers added a business card holder to the battery compartment of new vzw BB releases...
    07-13-09 12:29 AM
    I can confirm I have the same issue. Got the Tour today. Battery cover is secure because of its latch style battery cover but the cover itself can slide an ever so tiny amount (0.5mm). Feels loose yet secure if that makes any sense.
    07-13-09 12:31 AM
    Yep, if you look on the inside of the cover, there's a piece of foam.
    The Seido high capacity OEM for the Storm helps the movement a little bit, (Storm and Tour use the same battery), but i'm thinking one of the RIM engineers added a business card holder to the battery compartment of new vzw BB releases...
    lol same crap with my tour, and my bold.
    07-13-09 12:32 AM
    Its weird because some users are reporting the problem while others are saying that their battery cover is fine.... Strange if you ask me
    07-13-09 12:35 AM
    the loose battery cover problem its there in blackberry phones i had it when i got my bold.
    07-13-09 12:37 AM
    the one i played with had a loose cover and the rippling LCD!! i hope to god that when i get mine tomoro it will be more sturdy, because we have to take into consideration that the company store phones get abused for 14 straight hours of operation everyday
    07-13-09 12:46 AM
    never touched the 8900 but heard it has that ripple touch as well
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-13-09 at 01:08 AM.
    07-13-09 01:03 AM
    Its weird because some users are reporting the problem while others are saying that their battery cover is fine.... Strange if you ask me
    It is definately the cover. I replaced mine and did not have the issue. A friend got a tour and had the issue. A while back I had bought a non slip rubber thing (cant remember the name but something like grip it) made to stick on phones for a better grip. Never used it, but I cut a little piece off and stuck it inside his cover. Problem solved. Before doing this we tried his cover on my phone and it slipped the same so definitely the cover.
    07-13-09 01:05 AM
    Have a small gap here also. A little bending of the plastic batt cover did the trick in reducing the gap. I hope there'll be an aftermarket batt cover with a tighter fit.
    07-13-09 01:06 AM
    I'll pulled the "foam" spacer from my Curve battery door and put it on the Tour battery. Add just enough friction to kill the slipping.
    07-13-09 07:16 AM
    I bought one for my wife and one for me.

Unfortunately, I didn't think to check before letting them activate the phones, because hers is rock solid and mine shifts a little bit.

I have a skin, so not a big deal, though.

Greg
    07-13-09 07:47 AM
    use some masking tape or whatever and create more of a cushion to make it snug...we have to do this on all our devices here internally with all of the use we put these things through.
    07-14-09 08:35 AM
    My battery cover shifts a little bit. Doesn't bother me that much but it is annoying.
    07-14-09 10:31 AM
    I'll pulled the "foam" spacer from my Curve battery door and put it on the Tour battery. Add just enough friction to kill the slipping.
    You put it on the battery.
    07-14-09 12:43 PM
    You put it on the battery.
    Yea on the top so that it hits the "foam" on the battery door. I suppose you could just put it on the other foam essentially making it twice as thick as well.
    07-14-09 12:45 PM
    The 8900 battery cover moves a little. Big deal. Remember the thing with the Storm where they were using business cards so the screen would click at the edges lol? I'd ignore a little motion and get a case.
    07-14-09 12:46 PM
    the battery door movement is less annoying than the screen wobble of the storm.
    07-14-09 12:50 PM
    As far as the screen ripple, I had my Curve for over a year....had the ripple all along, nothing went wrong......don't worry about it.

As far as the battery cover, I fixed it for the most part by putting little slivers of tape on the top slots of the battery cover so it fits more snug in there. I think the big problem is the hole on the bottom part that clicks may be slightly too wide so it allows play....thats why its been mentioned in a number of threads....it's not the device, it's the case.

I'm waiting for my local stores to receive new shipments and see if they could swap out the door, I don't want to swap out the whole device, its works too well.

I am hoping someone releases an aftermarket metal cover like the Storm....
    07-14-09 12:59 PM
    with mine i wouldnt settle. y should i have to act like macgiver with a brand new phone by putting masking tape and foam in it. i told the guy to keep bringing them out of the back.
    07-14-09 01:18 PM
    As far as the screen ripple, I had my Curve for over a year....had the ripple all along, nothing went wrong......don't worry about it.

As far as the battery cover, I fixed it for the most part by putting little slivers of tape on the top slots of the battery cover so it fits more snug in there. I think the big problem is the hole on the bottom part that clicks may be slightly too wide so it allows play....thats why its been mentioned in a number of threads....it's not the device, it's the case.

I'm waiting for my local stores to receive new shipments and see if they could swap out the door, I don't want to swap out the whole device, its works too well.

I am hoping someone releases an aftermarket metal cover like the Storm....
    im worried because i often times wake up to a text or call or an alarm i want to sleep through cuz its summer and then i will wake up in another hour and my phone will be underneath me.
    07-14-09 01:22 PM
    Mine came with very loose door, moves in all directions. I'm not going to settle either. I have 8703e, it's built like a tank. This one has 1/8" gaps at the bottom end on the both sides, it's not acceptable to me.
    07-14-09 08:20 PM
    My battery door moves a bit, but doesnt really bother me. I have a skin on it. I still love my Tour!
    07-15-09 12:21 AM
    as far as I am concerned I honestly wonder why RIM didn't just take on the storm as a idea I personally think the mechonism used for the storm is possibly the best battery door they ever designed..

the bold has a slick look but man the storms battery cover was perfect
    07-15-09 12:26 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD