Hello All

I am coming from a WM device and they had 3rd party apps which made a complete mirror backup of your device? Is that available with blackberry? i tried the blackberry desktop manager but it seems with the backup option, it just reinstalled my PIM info (WM slang) .. contacts/calendar/tasks/memos .. no settings or preferences, 3rd party apps or media on memory card were carried over to new device...

Anyone know a way to make a mirror backup of everything? incase u loose your phone and get a new one?
    07-28-09 10:57 PM
    You are correct...the Desktop Software just saves your PIM and application preferences, but not the apps.

Use this in combination with the stock backup...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    07-28-09 11:00 PM
    Move the media card to the new device. 3rd party app inclusion is only on Switch Device Wizard. And Backup most definitely backs up preferences. Your problems are just new user errors, no big deal. You'll get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 11:02 PM
    I tried the above link but when I tried putting the apps back I get that they are not supported?
    07-28-09 11:38 PM
    Hello All

I am coming from a WM device and they had 3rd party apps which made a complete mirror backup of your device? Is that available with blackberry? i tried the blackberry desktop manager but it seems with the backup option, it just reinstalled my PIM info (WM slang) .. contacts/calendar/tasks/memos .. no settings or preferences, 3rd party apps or media on memory card were carried over to new device...

Anyone know a way to make a mirror backup of everything? incase u loose your phone and get a new one?
    My version (latest) of DM backs up everything. PIMs, prefs, apps. Try again!
    07-28-09 11:59 PM
    post after post here has conflicting info here...

works for some and not for others...

i have my backup settings in desktop manager are set for default... are u suppose to change anything else...

after i restored that backup from desktop manager all my memos/calendar/tasks/contacts were transferred over

settings icons and not all 3rd party apps were transferred over...

i used the device switch wizard... picking one pin to another... now all the icon setup and preferences picked within options have been transferred , along with 3rd party apps ...

the settings within my 3rd party apps were not transferred over... like berrybuzz ... launch pads .. empower central thread viewer .. none of the settings went over... so still not getting a mirror image here...
    07-29-09 07:13 AM
    07-29-09 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD