Is there a way - to totally backup the phone (apps, ringers, wallpapers, contacts, everything).

Once you have your phone how you like it - can you do a full backup - and then if something happens (like what just happened to my tour - and I had to replace it) that you don't have to reinstall all your apps and themes?

I did a backup and restore - which restores all your settings - but none of your apps or themes.

Just curious.

What would be ideal is - if there was a way to do this to your SD card. and then restore from the card (like I used to have on my treo).
    10-14-09 02:08 PM
    BusDriver,

i actually had the same happen to me, where i thought doing a "back up" would actually back up all apps and everything. instead it didnt

anyways, the F&Q section of the forum is pretty awesome, it took me awhile to go thru all the topics but this one was very helpful for me.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    10-14-09 02:15 PM
    If you are in possession of both devices simultaneously, I suggest using the DMs Device Switch Wizard. It is seamless! Upon completion, your new device will mirror the old.

If you aren't in possession of both devices and you like to live on the edge, you can use the DSW and perform the first step, then disconnect and go to the store and p/u your new phone. Upon return home, connect it to the PC and follow-through with the second step - hoping you didn't lose power or your PC didn't have a hiccup. Anyway, follow yellowxboy's link. It's awesome!
    10-14-09 02:27 PM
    Another way that should work is to use BBSAK - you can search for it. It connects and easily makes a backup of your apps that you can restorer all at once using the DM. I do not believe there is any way to back up your Sound profiles or contact alerts.

-frank
    10-14-09 03:05 PM
    BusDriver,

i actually had the same happen to me, where i thought doing a "back up" would actually back up all apps and everything. instead it didnt

anyways, the F&Q section of the forum is pretty awesome, it took me awhile to go thru all the topics but this one was very helpful for me.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    that seems to imply it will only do a backup of apps and ONLY apps. what of the other contents on your phone? also, once you do that backup, how do you restore it? is it as easy as clicking the restore button and selecting that file?
    10-15-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD