man this sucks. I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY TOUR!!!!!! Love it.. i mean LOVE IT Ok? but I have to get rid of it!! This blows azz man. This is my 3rd Blackberry Tour and I still drop calls every second. its almost useless when it comes to using it as a phone!! i tried upgrades,downgrades, antenna boosters.... its useless... My last resort is to get rid of it. I thought it was sprints service but its not, my cousin has a palm pre and gets service everywhere i do not.... DAMN U RIM!!! y couldn't you have put a GOOD ANTENNA IN THE F*CKING PHONE!!! So very much like Michael Jackson... "This is it!" Good-bye Blackberry friends... until they get a GOOD ONE FOR SPRINT! F..M...L................
    10-27-09 12:01 PM
    You should SPRINT to nearest place you can get service!!
    10-27-09 12:05 PM
    that's cute.... but it sucks when you cant sit in your room and use your damn phone
    10-27-09 12:07 PM
    SOLUTION

options
    mobile network
    Menu button
    update preferred list

*smile*

Dm
    10-27-09 12:10 PM
    SOLUTION

options
    mobile network
    Menu button
    update preferred list

*smile*

Dm

Oh if that only were true i would send you $100 through paypal.but i have already done that... it don't work.
    10-27-09 12:12 PM
    well you seem to be the only constant in the equation, do you have any metal implants?
    10-27-09 12:21 PM
    Umm, no its actually Rims ****ty implementation of using this great device as a phone
    10-27-09 12:25 PM
    Oh if that only were true i would send you $100 through paypal.but i have already done that... it don't work.
    QWERY: Is your room lined with lead?

ALTERNATE SOLUTION

Options
    Mobile Network
    "Network Technology = 1XEV" (not GLOBAL)

*smile*

Dm
    10-27-09 12:29 PM
    Do you have any friends that are on verizon with the Tour? If so see if they have better service with their tour and switch to vzw.
    10-27-09 12:36 PM
    Have you explained the situation to Sprint? Chances are they will provide you with an Airrave. That should take care of your signal problem at home, but if you're signal is bad everywhere, then you're SOL.

Also, what OS are your running? If you haven't upgraded to the latest official release from Sprint, you might want to try that first.
    10-27-09 12:43 PM
    Can Sprint push a hybrid PRL? I was having the same probs with my original curve and then the storm - Verizon pushed a hybrid to my phone and now it works perfectly - EVERYWHERE it didn't before! Hope this helps
    10-27-09 12:49 PM
    Have you explained the situation to Sprint? Chances are they will provide you with an Airrave. That should take care of your signal problem at home, but if you're signal is bad everywhere, then you're SOL.

Also, what OS are your running? If you haven't upgraded to the latest official release from Sprint, you might want to try that first.
    What's an Airrave? I'm running OS 5.0.0.230 but it was happening on latest 4.7.whatever, and the previous one, I've tried them all. I just keep 5.0 because its cool
    10-27-09 12:55 PM
    airrave i believe is a signal booster so to speak.
    10-27-09 12:58 PM
    AIRAVE
    here you go.
    10-27-09 01:00 PM
    What's an Airrave? I'm running OS 5.0.0.230 but it was happening on latest 4.7.whatever, and the previous one, I've tried them all. I just keep 5.0 because its cool
    AIRAVE

Many people in the Sprint forum here at CrackBerry have reported that the Airave has resolved their signal issues at home and that Sprint usually waives the Airave equipment fee and monthly service fee, once they confirm that your home is basically a "dead zone".
    10-27-09 01:03 PM
    If your having problems with the Sprints service, just Switch to Verizon, theres little to no signal issues with there phones.
    10-27-09 01:27 PM
    If your having problems with the Sprints service, just Switch to Verizon, theres little to no signal issues with there phones.
    It's all a matter of location.
    10-27-09 01:31 PM
    It's all a matter of location.
    true, but if hes forced to get rid of his blackberry becuase of sprints service, mine as well give verizon a shot
    10-27-09 01:32 PM
    Crazy...I dont ever have that problem with VZW....I dont think i've dropped a call once and I got the phone the day it was released..
    10-27-09 01:38 PM
    That sucks im sorry to hear that. Thats strange i got a sprint 9630 and i haven't dropped 1 call yet since i got it in late July im sorry to hear that. Everywere i go i got great single/service with sprint.
    10-27-09 02:41 PM
    Im stuck in the contract with sprint! I think i made a biiiiig boo boo by signing myself for 2 years with this sh*t! Wish i woulda went VZW! the airave is pointless to get because i drop calls EVERYWHERE!! this sucks! if anyone has any suggestions on how i can get out of this contract or anything along those lines i would love
    to hear ideas!
    10-27-09 02:42 PM
    you seem to be one of the rare situations and no it is not Sprint. I have had mine since July as well and have not dropped any calls. You might want to take it to the Store, have them test it for you and maybe as them to try another phone to see if it is the phone and not the location where you are. Try out another BB (Curve) or a Pre or a Hero. Since you are on your 3rd with signal issues and dropped calls then I believe they will let you exchange for another model to try out.
    10-27-09 04:09 PM
    dude, i had the palm pre, and my tour gets FAR better reception than that POS.
    10-28-09 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD