for some reason flickr won't geotag my photos. the gps is working (i've checked google maps and bberry maps) i've enabled geotagging, enabled it under the GPS. but still it's not giving me a location. any suggestions?
    07-14-09 11:56 PM
    I think it has something to do with the Tour. I am using a program called InstaMapper which uses the gps data and it requires you to Disable A-GPS. Not sure if that might be related.
    08-25-09 09:28 AM
    I noticed with Flickr that you have to send your location as you upload the photo. Flickr doesn't seem to capture the geotag on the photo itself!
    09-06-09 12:36 PM
    I've got this sma problem on my Tour. anyone find a fix yet?
    11-02-09 10:39 AM
    If you enabled geotagging, are you remembering to leave a gps app running in the background? Otherwise, the camera will look for gps coordinates but no app will be around to provide them.

I usually start up bb maps, click on "start gps nav", and then hit the red "end call" button to send it to the background. When you go back to the camera, the icon at the bottom right of the screen will be white instead of red, thus meaning it has gps coordinates ready for geotagging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 11:15 AM
    If you enabled geotagging, are you remembering to leave a gps app running in the background? Otherwise, the camera will look for gps coordinates but no app will be around to provide them.
    Ok, first of all, this is a huge fail on BB's part for not allowing the camera to directly pull GPS coords. Thanks for the info though, I didn't know this.

Second, the problem is in the Flickr app, not the camera. I dd try this solution, but no luck.
    11-02-09 11:56 AM
    I don't have a problem with flickr if I email my pics, and NOT use the app. For some reason the app never worked for me.
    11-02-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD