hey guys, i was wondering is there a way to flash a VZW tour to work on a boost mobile network with working emal,web and bbm? or is it as simple as just unlocking the phone?

I figure this would be cool to do given the fact that a unlimited boost plan for the curve 8330 is only 60 bucks a month. (times are rough)
    04-27-10 08:22 PM
    Save 10$ extra dollars and you can get a plan with Sprint w/ data included

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 08:30 PM
    unlimited everything is 99.99 plus taxes and all the extra goodies comes out to....lets say 156 ish... now lets say you have a wife with the same phone so that would be another what? 100 buck? .................

now i just saw a video on youtube where there was a tour on the boost CDMA ... the question is does anyone know how to do this?
    04-27-10 08:37 PM
    unlimited everything is 99.99 plus taxes and all the extra goodies comes out to....lets say 156 ish... now lets say you have a wife with the same phone so that would be another what? 100 buck? .................

now i just saw a video on youtube where there was a tour on the boost CDMA ... the question is does anyone know how to do this?
    Boost is the prepaid division of Sprint. CDMA carriers only allow phones with their branding on their networks. Ergo, a Verizon Tour will not be allowed on the Sprint/Boost network by any means. Since it is a Verizon phone, the ESN will not be in Sprint/Boost's system so they cannot activate it for service. It is possible to get a Tour onto Boost, but it MUST be a Sprint Tour. Sorry bud.
    04-27-10 11:53 PM
    hey guys, i was wondering is there a way to flash a VZW tour to work on a boost mobile network with working emal,web and bbm? or is it as simple as just unlocking the phone?

I figure this would be cool to do given the fact that a unlimited boost plan for the curve 8330 is only 60 bucks a month. (times are rough)
    You can flash it, but it will not give you any BB native services. Fat chance any Boost Dealer will activate it anyways.
    04-28-10 12:13 AM
    A lot of the problem is getting the ESN added to their registry. I think Boost actually is pretty good about doing this.
    04-28-10 02:09 AM
    A lot of the problem is getting the ESN added to their registry. I think Boost actually is pretty good about doing this.
    They are good about doing this, and people have done it but for *Sprint* phones only. There's no way in heII Boost (which is Sprint) will activate a Verizon phone. Thank you, MisterObvious
    04-28-10 02:19 AM
    so why not switch the badging on the phone for "sprint" parts and have it flashed?
    04-28-10 07:22 AM
    so why not switch the badging on the phone for "sprint" parts and have it flashed?
    Because the ESN# is like a social security number. The device has the same one for its entire life, and there's no way to change it (forget about identity theft lol). Sprint and Verizon each have a list in their system of every ESN of every Blackberry that RIM has made for them. You can do whatever you want to the aesthetics of the phone, but once you call them up and they ask for that ESN# they will know what carrier the device was produced for.
    04-28-10 01:33 PM
    unlimited everything is 99.99 plus taxes and all the extra goodies comes out to....lets say 156 ish... Now lets say you have a wife with the same phone so that would be another what? 100 buck? .................

Now i just saw a video on youtube where there was a tour on the boost cdma ... The question is does anyone know how to do this?
    last i checked i only pay 107.59 monthly ulimtd everything, including insurance.

Unless your rates are higher because of location.
    04-28-10 01:39 PM
    hey do you know the instructions to flash it, since they removed the videos i didnt have the chance to watch it
    07-09-10 03:10 AM
    Nope.
    Boost's network is IDEN and the tour is CDMA/GSM.
    07-09-10 12:41 PM
    They are good about doing this, and people have done it but for *Sprint* phones only. There's no way in heII Boost (which is Sprint) will activate a Verizon phone. Thank you, MisterObvious
    Oh yeah duh. My bad.
    Nope.
    Boost's network is IDEN and the tour is CDMA/GSM.
    No Boost is CDMA now because it's Sprint.
    07-10-10 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD