The following has worked for me while I was running the standard OS release. Can you all with lag while unlocking try this as well and report back here and let us know your findings? Thanks!

Goto Options -> Security Options -> Memory Cleaning

Set the following:

Clean when holstered: Yes
    Clean when idle: Yes
    Idle timeout: 5 Minutes
    Show icon on homescreen: No

Hit your escape key (directly right of the trackball) and click Save.

You may see a notice that memory cleaning will be turned on the next time you restart or lock your device, that's fine. Click OK.

Lock your device. The first time you lock it after enabling memory cleaning, you may see a message that memory cleaning is being enabled and that it may take a minute. This is normal. Let the device work. It may take up to 5 minutes, so just twiddle your thumbs or something and wait for it to lock.

Now lock and unlock your phone as you normally would. Use your phone like normal.

Report back with your findings!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 11:15 PM
    It's probably easier and more time efficient to just manually clean your memory every couple of days.
    08-17-09 11:19 PM
    It's probably easier and more time efficient to just manually clean your memory every couple of days.
    Definitely easier and more efficient to do it manually every couple of days and not have the device do it for you, automatically.

*scratches head* -- WHAT?

08-17-09 11:22 PM
    It's just that some people have a lot of files (and what-not) on their blackberries and having the phone lock up for a minute or two every time you want to unlock it can kinda be time consuming. As it is people complain of having a couple second(s) delay after unlocking.

I don't know. Just my thoughts...I'll shut up lol
    08-17-09 11:27 PM
    I do believe that I said the first time you lock it after enabling cleaning it would do that, not every time.

But, I digress. Hopefully this may help those who have unlock lag.

08-17-09 11:32 PM
    Being a new blackberry owner what are the benefits of memory cleaning and why do many of you suggest manual over automatic cleaning? danoh say that it's only slow during the initial setting I would think that having the device do it on its own gives you 1 less chore
    08-18-09 12:07 AM
    Memory cleaner does not free up any memory...It just over writes already deleted data with 000's It's a security thing. It will actually slow down your device and cause lag. Unless you're a spy or your employer requires it I would leave it off.

View Document
    Last edited by noroll; 08-18-09 at 12:57 AM.
    08-18-09 12:43 AM
    Didn't slow mine down, in fact, as stated, it sped up unlocking considerably.

08-18-09 12:55 AM
    interesting... may try it
    08-18-09 01:45 AM
    I clean it every few days, what I find though is the reason for the lag with mine at least is that when I unlock it, all my messages start coming through, the missed call will pop up, voice mail alert etc... So in conclusion this is what's causing mine.
    08-18-09 01:56 AM
    It actually sped it up very well for me right now. I'll report back tomorrow night after a full day of us working
    08-31-09 08:28 PM
    It worked like a charm to unlock, still slow to lock though. But I guess the title soes say "fix your unlock lag".

Thanks for the tip.
    08-31-09 11:31 PM
    Just a FYI on this, the latest OS 5 leak (191) is super fast both locking and unlocking. Seems these issues have been addressed and will be fixed in the OS 5 release.

09-01-09 12:15 AM
    Memory cleaner does not free up any memory...It just over writes already deleted data with 000's It's a security thing. It will actually slow down your device and cause lag. Unless you're a spy or your employer requires it I would leave it off.

View Document
    Um... whatever you say. Definitely the opposite for me (fix sped up unlocking). Thank you OP!
    09-01-09 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD