So I'm pulled a bonehead move last night.

I couldn't figure out why my phone kept lagging so I decided to take matters into my own hands. Long store short, I decided to download the VZW OS, the Tour hybrid, and shrink it using Shrink-A-OS.

The problem was, while trying to do all this to my beloved tour I was also playing XBOX 360 and checking my World of Warcraft account from time to time (yes I have ADD and yes I am a video game nerd, whatever).

Any way this was a bad idea because the next time I looked at my phone I had the dreaded "section 507 reload OS" on a bright white screen. Needless to say I was still playing video games while also searching crackberry for the "fix a nuked berry" thread. still a bad move.

The OS wouldn't reload and when it finally did I kept getting uncaught exception errors and something wouldn't work. My calendar wouldn't open, or I would have no message icons, or other random screwness.

Finally I shut everything down. And got to work seriously.

Five hours later, 3 wipes using crackmem and a final attempt to load the actual full software without screwing around with it, I finally got the OS to load correctly at about 7AM. Resent my service books and everything seemed good and golden.

BTW my new favorite app is smrtguard because that thing seriously saved my ****. I was never so happy to have bought an app. Everything I backed up just the other day was back on my phone in no time.

And on the positive note, my phone so far is lag free. Feels brand new. I have a feeling it was an app or something that bogged down my phone and I am planning on downloading all the ones I had originally one by one to see what the culprit is. My theory though is that it was BBM 5.0 because most of the others were productivity apps but I'll see.

Sorry for the long story, just felt like sharing. So all those who are having lagging issues maybe a good wipe is in order and starting fresh. My trackball doesn't seem to be sticking anymore either and I haven't even raised the sensitivity yet.
    08-01-09 02:38 PM
    Sounds like a LONG night. And that's coming from a guy with two little kids at home!

Glad it worked out for ya'... And now you've got a little extra knowledge to share with the masses!
    08-01-09 02:50 PM
    Glad you got your phone back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 02:51 PM
    I feel it is fitting to repeat what my grade five math teacher used to say to us when we got something wrong:

You will NEVER make THAT mistake AGAIN!
    08-01-09 02:57 PM
    I feel it is fitting to repeat what my grade five math teacher used to say to us when we got something wrong:

You will NEVER make THAT mistake AGAIN!
    Oh no I will definitely not make that mistake again. What I first thought was a great idea went terribly wrong lol.
    08-01-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD