Hello to everyone!

I'm a first time Blackberry owner, I have had my new Tour now for about 2 weeks. For those two weeks I have been keeping an eye on this sire, as I have found it to be full of great information.

This information is the same reason I am coming back to it now. Up until today my Tours battery life has been, at least I think, great. I could go two days without having to charge it overnight. Although, I usually plug it in every night.......anyways. Today I unplugged it at 7:00am, I had one phone call on it that lasted 2 minutes at about 10:30. By 7:00pm I was getting a low battery flash and by 9:00 it was totally dead.

I searched on here and couldn't find anything related to a battery drain like this. If anyone has any suggestions on what I should check or do, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
    10-22-09 12:30 AM
    most likely you were in a low service area.. thats a drawback with BB's, as they are constantly searching for a signal when they dont have one. it takes up TONS of battery.
    10-22-09 12:34 AM
    Check if you have any apps running in the background. And if u do, every time u open an app, make sure to close it. Also if your running any messaging apps like AIM, Yahoo messenger, etc. those will drain the battery due to signal being constantly used to update ur messages or status'.
    10-22-09 12:42 AM
    Check if you have any apps running in the background. And if u do, every time u open an app, make sure to close it. Also if your running any messaging apps like AIM, Yahoo messenger, etc. those will drain the battery due to signal being constantly used to update ur messages or status'.
    I agree. Make sure you shut down/exit apps properly, or else they'll remain in the background.

Also, get the "autostandby" app. It helps immensely, and I like to have alot of programs running in the background all the time.
    10-22-09 01:30 AM
    Thank you all for your responses and your help. I have fully charged the battery throughout the night and unplugged it at 8:00am this morning.

I have also learned that if I hold the BB button that it brings up my running apps. I have shut down all the apps except: Messages, BB Messenger, Home Screen, Browser, and Phone.

If the battery drains again I will have to report and see if there is anyhting else that may cause the drain.

Again, thank you all for your insight, it is greatly appreciated.
    10-22-09 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD