I feel like I've been broken in so to speak. It happened yesterday evening got a notice that weatherbug wanted to update is program. I clicked on the notice and that was all she wrote folks! After about an hour all the berry would do was display the message to reload software 522. I knew I had seen posts on that same topic on Crackberry so searched it and found how to fix it. Wasn't a fun process since I started from scratch again but am good about back up info so all ended well. So here is a great big THANKS CRACKBERRY COMMUNITY great info and am back up and running. Still no fun to reconfigure everything though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 09:30 PM
    Hey don't feel bad, same thing happened to me with a different app 2 days after I got my Tour last month but after a reload of the OS it has been smooth sailing since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 10:37 PM
    wow! I bricked mine too! trying to install the hybrid os, back to .230 i go. Im recovering as i type.
    12-02-09 10:47 PM
    me too....bricked mine this week on a new OS upgrade (Verizon 4.1.61)
    12-03-09 09:26 AM
    The worst is when you upgrade and it bricks. You go through that whole process, then have to do it again. When that 522 comes up, I sounded like scooby doo - "ru ro"
    12-03-09 09:41 AM
    I bricked mine a few months ago after I downloaded Viigo News. 552 error.
    12-03-09 09:53 AM
    Yeah, I've been in the same boat as most here. I've been through a few bricks now. It's actually ridiculous that this can happen so easily, in terms of just upgrading apps via AppWorld etc. It's slowly making me dislike BB OS. Honestly, it's happened so many times now that I try & not reboot my phone at all, sad eh.
    I'm sure I'll end up going android as soon as my 2yr ends.
    12-03-09 10:13 AM

I'm sure I'll end up going android as soon as my 2yr ends.
    I'm sure you won't
    12-03-09 10:47 AM
    Yeah, you're right. I should continue to stick with an OS that can be bricked by the simplest of tasks. I'll continue to "fear" installing any new future application/update. I'll also continue to stay & notice how over priced BB apps continue to be, with an exception of a few of course.
    Anyway..I'll get lost on my personal rants, which I should prob just be throwing in one of the other 891893892 threads about this stuff

Back on the topic at hand - congrats Beagles Rule. Learn how to reload the OS well! It'll be a invaluable skill while owning a BB.
    12-03-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD