I just sent Fios a message about this, but if you don't know what I'm talking about there is an application available for Fios customers that lets you set up dvr recordings from the app on your blackberry. They have a mobile website... but the app would be much cooler. Right now its available for the Storm, Curve, and World Phone... but when I try to download the app on my Tour it says its not supported. You would think that Verizon would support most of their high-end devices for all their services.

http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/MyAc...ileAccess.aspx

download link on bb: Click here
    09-03-09 10:49 AM
    I have Fios. Love it by the way. There's an app out there (the name slips my mind) that let's you use your bb as the tv remote as well. Don't know if Tour supports it cause, again, the app's name slips my mind, but I thought I'd chime in anyways.
    09-03-09 01:07 PM
    Well thanks for nothing! Lol just kidding. That's kinda cool I'll have to search for that app, I'd be willing to bet it doesn't work on the Tour also.
    09-03-09 03:36 PM
    Check out from the link again, it is available now, and very cool application. It is working even you do not have home media (multi-room dvr) service.
    FiOS TV Central - MobileAccess
    Have fun.
    09-22-09 08:38 AM
    The app I was talking about was Unify4life. It's a box ya buy for $99 that lets ya control the grarage dorr, TV, DVD, etc... anything with a remote!! Checker out!
    09-23-09 09:52 AM
    wow thats an awesome app!!!!
    09-23-09 10:09 AM
    Check out from the link again, it is available now, and very cool application. It is working even you do not have home media (multi-room dvr) service.
    Have fun.
    It says that the Tour is supported but when I point my browser on my Tour to m.verizon.com/tv/download like it says, I get a message saying that my device is not supported. Did you go to a different link the second time?
    09-23-09 11:25 AM
    Ok, I tried the link again, it worked fine to me.

Here are some other ways to install it:
    (1) www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/wap/downloadfiles/bb9630/fiostv.jad

(2) bb browser go to m.verizon.com/tv first. then click on the "download" word on the top bar.

(3) please start your bb browser, in option menu click "Options" --> "Browser Configuration" --> Browser Identification: should be set to "BlackBerry".then repeat (2)

If all aboves are not working for you, I think you may need to call verizon fiostv help center.

Good Luck
    09-23-09 03:43 PM
    Have fun.
    Thanks for posting the link. It downloaded fine on my Tour.
    09-23-09 05:37 PM
    I downloaded it. I registered with the code from my dvr. I could view all the programs etc. But when I attempt to record a program it says "try again later". Anyone else with this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 07:29 PM
    For all you Sprint Tour users that have FIOS, I downloaded this app using the www36 link above and it works just fine.
    09-23-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD