I finally after numerous trips back and forth to a few different VZW stores got a solid battery door!!!! Thank God!!!! Dont worry everyone they are out there
    07-17-09 04:48 PM
    Are they cannibalizing other Tours in stock ... or do they have extra doors?
    07-17-09 04:50 PM
    Are they cannibalizing other Tours in stock ... or do they have extra doors?
    good point, I'd like to know that as well.
    07-17-09 04:51 PM
    Was it worth all that gas and time? I just put a small piece of that rubbery medical tape under the door. That keeps the door from shifting around.

Plus I have a silicone skin on it as well.
    07-17-09 04:52 PM
    I went to one VZW store yesterday and went through 3 phones till I found a good battery cover one. They DOA'd all the ones I said were not good and said they were going to send them back. If you pay good money for the phone everything about it should feel right. The cover wouldn't bother me but why not get one that isn't messed up a bit if I have the chance too. Also I went in asking if they could just replace the cover for me and they said they don't have any covers just laying around quite yet.
    07-17-09 04:56 PM
    Im not sure if they had the doors by themselves or if they were taking them out of boxes but they brought 5 doors out for me to try and 1 out of the 5 was good. So they gave me the door and i was on my way.

And X, if i didnt have 4 verizon stores in a 3 mile radius from my house i would say definitely not worth it. But i was actually in the mall today so i figured id stop and ask. So for me i guess yeah it was worth it
    07-17-09 04:56 PM
    How loose are these doors that people are talking about? My battery door will shift SLIGHTLY if I go ahead and move it up and down, it is barely noticeable. If I am just using it I feel no instability at all. Is this what everyone is talking about or are there ones out there that are terribly loose? If what I am experiencing is the problem I just don't see the point in returning it to get another one.
    07-17-09 05:45 PM
    How loose are these doors that people are talking about? My battery door will shift SLIGHTLY if I go ahead and move it up and down, it is barely noticeable. If I am just using it I feel no instability at all. Is this what everyone is talking about or are there ones out there that are terribly loose? If what I am experiencing is the problem I just don't see the point in returning it to get another one.
    I'm curious about this too. How you described it is exactly how the model in the store was that I saw. I never would have noticed it on my own. Was this a good battery door, or is this all it is?
    07-17-09 05:47 PM
    My door was actually moving a lot. Up/down/left/right. It was very very noticeable. I could feel it moving while texting or even when i was holding the while on a call. The one i have now is really tight. Doesnt move at all.
    07-17-09 05:51 PM
    I ordered mine over the phone sight unseen. Yesterday I went to a Verizon store to get my contacts transferred from my old phone and I was checking out the floor models. I was unable to really judge them though because they were pretty well locked down and secured with an alarm, etc. If there was anything wrong with the battery doors I wouldnt have been able to tell.
    07-17-09 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD