OK so...as many I am anxiously awaiting July 12th.....So excited to finally get a full QWERTY even though I do happen to love the small form factor of the pearl. Anyway......

Blackberry desktop manager has a backup and restore function which I have had to used when replacing a defective device. But, I see a feature to move to a new phone......what do you recommend I use? My though is I have apps and themes that are specific to the pearl, and I dont want to corrupt the new device and or load a bunch of stuff on it I dont need. Is there a way to just start fresh...maybe just safely moving contacts and other vital info?

Basically what will be the best way to move to the new device easily?

Also really exited to go from 1x/EVDO to 3g......I hope I notice the speed difference!

Thanks for the help in advance.
    07-01-09 09:28 PM
    OK so...as many I am anxiously awaiting July 12th.....So excited to finally get a full QWERTY even though I do happen to love the small form factor of the pearl. Anyway......

Blackberry desktop manager has a backup and restore function which I have had to used when replacing a defective device. But, I see a feature to move to a new phone......what do you recommend I use? My though is I have apps and themes that are specific to the pearl, and I dont want to corrupt the new device and or load a bunch of stuff on it I dont need. Is there a way to just start fresh...maybe just safely moving contacts and other vital info?

Basically what will be the best way to move to the new device easily?

Also really exited to go from 1x/EVDO to 3g......I hope I notice the speed difference!

Thanks for the help in advance.
    when you use change device it doesn't move all the apps over it simply transfers all the other things IE contacts, emails etc etc bbm friends..
    07-01-09 09:32 PM
    so basically use -

change device = to go from pearl to tour (doesnt move themes and apps, which is good)

backup/restore = once i have the device and want to make backups/restores on the same device (or for example the device goes bad and I had to get another tour)

is that correct?
    07-01-09 10:17 PM
    i dont mean to thread jack, but does change device transfer youre PIN also?
    07-01-09 10:30 PM
    i dont mean to thread jack, but does change device transfer youre PIN also?
    No, PIN is specific to the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 10:40 PM
    No, PIN is specific to the phone.

+1

keep in mind though your contacts will never know you changed pins..

you wont have to re add all of them it just kind of go's over
    07-01-09 10:42 PM
    +1

keep in mind though your contacts will never know you changed pins..

you wont have to re add all of them it just kind of go's over
    True. Also, for the hijacker, if you were actually refering to PIN messages or level 1, then yes they transfer also.

07-01-09 10:46 PM
    No I meant like for bbm because I use it quite a bit, but as long as it transfers the contacts and I don't have to re add them and they don't have to read ne that's all I was worried about

07-02-09 01:55 AM
    In addition to contacts, I assume calendar will transfer over. What about bookmarks?
    07-02-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD