I've had my Tour since August. I read all over the place how the first batch of Tours had trouble with their trackball and had to be replaced. I figured since I've had mine for almost 4 months I would be safe but guess not.

Last night my tack ball started to fail. What a pain. I had all kinds of trouble installing the last software update from my carrier and just finally got my phone back the way I like it. Now i get to do it all over again.

Oh well such is life I guess. Just felt I had to vent to people who actually know what I'm going through.

Shawn.
    12-03-09 10:14 AM
    Sorry man, Hope all goes well for you from here!!
    12-03-09 10:35 AM
    If it makes you feel any better, I just got a Tour that was refurb'd on November 6 and the trackball is AMAZING. My previous device that conked out (trackball would totally fail, no movement in any direction) worked very well but was refurb'd July 29 as I recall.

This new trackball is smooth as butter, like skating on smooth, even ice. Very nice indeed.
    12-03-09 10:43 AM
    To OP: So are you going for an in-store replacement, or what?
    12-03-09 10:49 AM
    No, not an in store.

They shipped one out on Thursday. Should arrive on Monday.
    12-06-09 11:45 PM
    You may just get it Saturday. Every time my friends get a replacement its shipped 2nd day FedEx. I have gotten FedEx an Saturdays.
    12-07-09 01:06 AM
    I had to send my July-issued Tour in for an electronics repair, and asked for a trackball repair as well (twitchy, had to roll too much). The loaner I got was brand new in Nov and worked like a charm. Now I've got the original back and yes, still having trackball issues. Funny thing is that I'm the type of person who NEVER jumps onto a product when it first comes out. I want them to iron out the bugs. I jumped on this (first time ever) and yup, got problems. You think I'd learn to follow my instincts, wouldn't you!!?? LOL
    12-07-09 12:15 PM
    happens to the best of us
    12-07-09 03:21 PM
    Next time your trackball fails, try getting an alcohol swab/wipe and place the wipe on the trackball and roll it all around and click it down while rolling it around. It'll clean out all the dirt/oil your fingers have gotten stuck in there overtime. I do it once every couple weeks or so just as maintenance and I haven't had a problem with my trackball in months!
    12-07-09 03:31 PM
    Mine finally quit last month after running great for 3 months. I went in after lunch on a Friday and had a replacement at my door by lunch on Saturday. This trackball is silky smooth.

I never had any other problem with my original, but the horizontal trackball movement, on the original, became a pain over the last few days.
    12-07-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD