I noticed that the headphone jack of my headphones that did not work on my tour were a tiny bit longer then the jacks that did work. I bought a Dremel grinding wheel for $3, connected it to my electric drill and filed down my favorite headphone plug maybe a 1/10 of mm. Plunged it in and bingo, it works like a charm. took less then a minute.
    Hope this helps you guys.
    Enjoy.
    07-28-09 09:00 PM
    Nice fix. But I still feel the only real FIX is to get a working replacement as it is a manufacturing defect. You'd have to grind each device's jack down you wanted to use with your BB this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 09:03 PM
    I noticed that the headphone jack of my headphones that did not work on my tour were a tiny bit longer then the jacks that did work. I bought a Dremel grinding wheel for $3, connected it to my electric drill and filed down my favorite headphone plug maybe a 1/10 of mm. Plunged it in and bingo, it works like a charm. took less then a minute.
    Hope this helps you guys.
    Enjoy.
    Did you just file down the top of the plug? Did you round-off the top or just grind it down that tiny amount?

I'd love to try this on the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter I have; my OEM BB earbuds work just fine, but my wired 2.5mm headset with the 3.5mm adapter doesn't work well at all and I like having an alternative to my BT headset.
    Last edited by mededitor; 07-28-09 at 09:51 PM.
    07-28-09 09:30 PM
    Wait, do you mean headphone JACK or headphone PLUG? a jack is the part in the phone where the headphone plug goes into.
    07-28-09 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD