Hi everyone! I just have a few questions. I'm studying abroad in Israel starting July 27th and I was wondering if you think I should wait until I come back in January to upgrade my phone. I currently use a Voyager that is off one of the hinges but still functions. I've been eligible for an upgrade since April but I've been waiting for the Tour to come out. Also, if I do upgrade before I go, do you think I should activate the phone as a world phone or get a cheap prepaid phone over there?
    Thanks!
    05-19-09 05:18 PM
    I would DEFINITELY get the tour. And i'm sure that once you get it, you'll become addicted and want to activate it as a world phone so you can use it overseas...
    05-19-09 08:10 PM
    Get the Tour and enjoy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 08:14 PM
    I would definitely get the tour, so hopefully it'll be out by the time you leave!
    05-19-09 08:21 PM
    If it's out before you leave, definitely go for it. Whether or not you should activate it as a world phone or get a prepaid depends on a few things. How long you'll be there, and if it would be better for you price wise to pay for their international roaming plan or just get a pre-paid. Usually though, pre-paids come in cheaper overall.
    05-19-09 08:25 PM
    Definitely get it.
    you wont be dissapointed, and blackberry is great for traveling overseas
    05-19-09 08:32 PM
    Well, if you're going to be gone until Jan I'd say get a cheap prepaid over there and wait until you come back. I mean you'd be paying for the data plan while you're abroad. That's kind of a waste of money if you're not using it. Besides who knows what other Blackberry's will be released by the time you get back. Don't jump the gun, you might regret it.
    05-19-09 08:39 PM
    Well, if you're going to be gone until Jan I'd say get a cheap prepaid over there and wait until you come back. I mean you'd be paying for the data plan while you're abroad. That's kind of a waste of money if you're not using it. Besides who knows what other Blackberry's will be released by the time you get back. Don't jump the gun, you might regret it.

+1

this makes more sense and besides when you get back there may just be other blackberrys/ or phones that peak your interest available.
    05-19-09 11:47 PM
    yeah see i was worried about the data plan being really overpriced. i guess i'll just have to check with verizon and compare with what i could get over there. thanks everyone!
    05-20-09 12:38 PM
    Wait for the tour...but if you don't want to pay a data plan you might be SOL.
    05-20-09 02:24 PM
    Wait for the tour...but if you don't want to pay a data plan you might be SOL.

I dont think any carrier right now allows a smartphone without a data plan -- actually I know for a fact that at&t, sprint, and verizon all force a dataplan I am unsure about t-mobile though.
    05-23-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD