I know there are a zillion trackball threads but just need an opinion.

Had my tour for about a month now and it has zero of the known issues. No loose battery door, no squeky earpiece, no screen ripple, normal boot time ect.

Over the past two days, my trackball seems to only respond when I am "feathering" it. Is this norm or is my trackball defective. I already spoke to my guy at the store I bought it from and he recommended I return it bc his Tour did the same thing and his second Tour is 100% better when it comes to the track ball.

Is feathering the only way to use to trackball or should the trackball respond to every method of scrolling (barring the obvious ways)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 04:37 PM
    You should not have to "feather" your TB to use it. It should scroll all ways, smoothly with light or heavy pressure, set to 70.

The TB is an essential part of using the BlackBerry. i'd exchange it if i had any TB issues. Loose battery door i can ignore.

Check the video out in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/vi...ckball-300645/

08-24-09 04:40 PM
    And before I get flammed, the point is I'm asking for some advice, learn to effectively feather and live with my otherwise perfect phone? Or take a chance on a whole new Tour?

08-24-09 04:49 PM
    You should not have to "feather" your TB to use it. It should scroll all ways, smoothly with light or heavy pressure, set to 70.

The TB is an essential part of using the BlackBerry. i'd exchange it if i had any TB issues. Loose battery door i can ignore.

Check the video out in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/vi...ckball-300645/

Thanks for the speedy response. Looks like I'm heading to the Best Buy tomorrow. Thanks for the video as well.

08-24-09 05:03 PM
    Yes, I totally agree. For the price you pay it should work regardless of feathering.

I went into VZW and got my replacement today while I was under the 30 day warranty. There was no way I going to put up with it and use workarounds to fix a product that should be fully functional.
    08-24-09 11:49 PM
    Define feathering?

If I put a medium amount of pressure on the tb, I cant reliably scroll left or right, yet if I use it as I normally do, it works fine?

I don't want VZW giving me crap if I go in and look for a replacement.
    08-25-09 01:35 AM
    Define feathering?

If I put a medium amount of pressure on the tb, I cant reliably scroll left or right, yet if I use it as I normally do, it works fine?

I don't want VZW giving me crap if I go in and look for a replacement.
    Feathering is lightly touching the trackball while scrolling it. Touching it lightly, like a feather.
    08-25-09 01:51 AM
    Definitely take it back! I just got my new one this morning and it's perfect! Brand spankin' new with a green dot on the box. The track ball is so smooth AND you don't have to feather it. Not to mention the battery door is perfect to.
    08-25-09 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD