I upgraded to Facebook 2.8 and now I'm getting notifications at the top of the screen and on the Facebook icon. I want this never to happen (and it was fine before I upgraded). Is there any way to turn it off? I assume there's no way to get Facebook to stop running in the background.

There's no option that I can find other than turning all notifications from the Facebook website, and I don't want to have to do that. I don't want to uninstall FB because I like the menu integration in other apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 01:06 PM
    The old version(s) of FB put notifications on the top of the screen in the notification area, as well as the star on the FB icon. I don't think there has ever been a way to disable it. If you weren't getting notifications at the top of the screen, you probably were subject to a bug that's been fixed in this version.
    08-23-10 01:28 PM
    The old version(s) of FB put notifications on the top of the screen in the notification area, as well as the star on the FB icon. I don't think there has ever been a way to disable it. If you weren't getting notifications at the top of the screen, you probably were subject to a bug that's been fixed in this version.
    I was afraid of that...

08-23-10 01:33 PM
    I've had many versions of the Facebook application, running on many versions of firmware, on 4 different model Blackberry's over the past 3+ years, and I've always had the notification at the top of the screen.

08-23-10 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD