For those that use the Facebook app on your Tour, have you noticed how often your phone communicates with FB to update pics in your contact list? The reason I ask is that one of my friends changed her FB profile pic a week ago and when I was scrolling through and landed on her today, I saw that it still had her old profile pic.

My FB has been operating normally after that hiccup that we all experienced earlier last week with not being able to open up notifications.
    09-24-09 02:51 PM
    Yes, I noticed it once. Can we turn this feature off?
    09-24-09 03:11 PM
    It doesn't do it automatically, you have to do it manually by going into the FB app, then selecting your friends list. On each individual that you have on your firends list, you highlight the person you want to update, then press menu and then select "refresh balckberry contact". This will then update their profile pic on your phone. It's tedious, but if someone has another way, I need to hear it!
    09-24-09 03:12 PM
    It's supposed to do check periodically for new pics. If you go to your FB app and then click on "run setup wizard," you'll see under "Blackberry Contacts application" a big paragraph. Part of that 'graph says "Profile pictures and information about you and your FB friends will also be be periodically sent from FB to your Blackberry Contact list....."

I just went in and manually did it and it looks like a bunch hadn't been updated and some friends that I have both on my contact list and Facebook friends list weren't connected and I had to click "connect to blackberry contact" and then that linked it.

I never paid much attention to it before but it was my assumption based on the language above that FB would periodically send your phone updated profile pics for people in your contact list that use FB.

I know my buddy has the 8300 series Curve for Sprint and it updates every few days for him. I think it did on my Curve, but I haven't paid attention on my Tour until now.
    09-24-09 03:40 PM
    ^aha! I never knew about that. Now, I have that app checked off on my BB, but if you ask me, it sure doesn't update on a really regular basis- probably because of all the issues with facebook as of late.
    09-24-09 05:30 PM
    You're correct about it not updating. I noticed that today when I took your advice and manually updated my contacts. I don't think it had updated in awhile. I'm going to delete FB off my phone and then re-add it. See if that helps.
    09-24-09 07:41 PM
    I connected Facebook and my contacts right when I bought my phone about a year ago. Since, I've done numerous OS upgrades and deleted and reinstalled Facebook many times. What I have found is that, for some reason, many of my contacts that had been connected and were updated occasionally are no longer connected. For example, I just downloaded the newest version of Facebook and went to my friends list. I found that some of my friends were connected, but when I got down to my girlfriend, she was not connected. When I clicked connect, it told me that her contact in my phone was associated with another Facebook friend.

I was hoping that there would be a way for me to completely wipe Facebook connections off of my contacts and start all over, but it doesn't seem possible.

Sorry this doesn't answer your question, but I just wanted to tell you what has happened to my contacts since I have reinstalled the Facebook App.
    09-25-09 09:52 AM
    I doesn't update automatically for me, even though it says it's suppose to.
    09-25-09 10:17 AM
    Does anyone know how to get the address book (contact list) to stop going back to the last contact you looked at or clicked on? When I first got my blackberry tour the contact list always jumped back to the top when you opened it back up and now it doesn't...I want it to go back to that? Help please
    11-04-09 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD