I would like to get Notifications on the Facebook App when notifications come in (requests, confirmation, etc.) BUT I don't want all those showing up in my email. When I go into the Facebook Site and under the Notification options, "UNCHECK" email.... then I don't get any notifications on the Facebook App on my Tour.

Can someone tell me what my setting should be so that I don't get all the emails on my Gmail account, but just get the Notifications on the Facebook App?

Thanks
    11-05-09 03:24 PM
    Goto your Facebook App, and under Options uncheck "Leave email notifications messages on mail server"".
    11-05-09 03:44 PM
    Goto your Facebook App, and under Options uncheck "Leave email notifications messages on mail server"".
    Should I leave the Blackberry Message Applicaiton "CHECKED" under the Facebook App???

I will "UNCHECK" the "Leave email notification messages...." and see if that works.

Thanks for your response!!
    11-05-09 03:47 PM
    I'd also like to add that when the emails for these notifications come to my Gmail acct, I don't receive them on my tour, it doesn't come through. But every other email that goes to my Gmail comes through to my Tour.

I guess receiving the emails from Facebook wouldn't be so bad as long as I get them on the Tour and can delete it from the Tour. This way when I go to my Gmail acct from the PC, I don't have 100 emails from facebook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 04:14 PM
    If you uncheck the box I told you to uncheck, you'll get a notification in your Message Inbox stating that you have a FB notififcation. Once you read the message, the email that was sent by FB gets deleted off your account. When you log into Gmail from your desktop, you won't see any emails from FB. There's a slight delay in this process, but at least you won't have to continually delete emails from your BB.
    11-05-09 04:50 PM
    Thanks for this tip. Was wondering the same thing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 05:03 PM
    I think it worked. I had one notification come in on the FB App. I checked Gmail on the PC 10 mins later and there was no Facebook Email. AWSOME!!

Waiting for more notification to come through just to make sure.

Thanks for the help!!
    11-05-09 05:52 PM
    just a heads up, emails that are from facebook trigger the app to notify you, which is why the facebook app work work if you dont have you email on your device, alot of people forget this
    11-05-09 09:05 PM
    what I want is to never have to open the FB app to see my notifications. just open messages (for the email that i have my FB stuff sent to) and read em.

i don't ever want to see the FB icon message thing.
    11-13-09 03:09 PM
    I seem to have a similar yet different problem. The emails get sent to my account, but I don't get the notifications on my Tour. But it doesn't happen all the time. I'll be getting notifications through my application like I'm supposed to, then suddenly it will stop. On the 12th I got an alert of some kind saying I had to update my email settings, that it's done every 90 days, etc etc. I'm not 100% sure I did it properly, but I must have because my Tour still notifies me when I get emails, and sporatically when i get facebook notifications.

Suggestions?
    11-17-09 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD