Blackberry Tour shows many unread messages at the top of the screen, and the number keeps on going higher even after I open messages. Right now, it says I have 63 unread messages, when if I open my messages, there are only a couple. Anyone have any idea on how to remedy this?
    12-17-09 06:05 PM
    battery pull.
    12-17-09 06:08 PM
    battery pull.
    Tried that.
    12-18-09 10:31 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem. Im up to 29. Tried the battery pull twice now, and that still hasn't reset it. Any other suggestions?
    This is quite annoying!
    12-18-09 11:16 AM
    Are you checking all your messages (sms, mms, email, bbm, etc.)?
    12-18-09 11:32 AM
    make sure you dont have a hidden email folder accidentally.

I have a storm, but getting a tour tomorrow, and what i did on the storm was

Menu>show all> and check to see any folders with the red star, which might have been an email that you forgot about, or dont use often, and it was hidden in both the folder AND messages folder.
    12-18-09 12:52 PM
    What I finally did, which is pretty much common sense, I just went to the date under sms messages and just pressed mark prior opened, and that seems to have solved the 30+ messages that would increase with every message I received

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 03:28 PM
    I was going to say to do that too, but just incase they were important to read, or it was a glitch (happened to me once, but "marking prior read" didnt fix it
    12-18-09 11:06 PM
    Do you have the wireless reconciliation on? I know the phone is set for that from the factory & when I first powered mine up it was pulling emails from my network as fast as I deleated them. Go into the options & see if you have it set to manual or auto. That is all I can think of.
    12-19-09 09:07 AM
    [QUOTE=jines8;4331906]What I finally did, which is pretty much common sense, I just went to the date under sms messages and just pressed mark prior opened, and that seems to have solved the 30+ messages that would increase with every message I received

That worked. Thanks!!
    12-22-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD