Just within the past couple days I've noticed a crackle/pop on the external speaker. It only happens on the first sound. I mean if the phone is sitting idle and I start dialing a number... or the phone is idle and I get a call or msg alert. It pops/crackles a little at first and then is fine... until the phone is idle again and then it pops on the first sound.
    It's never done this before and I've had it since tour's release.
    Does this make sense? Anyone else had this happen?
    11-24-09 10:35 AM
    Wow, about a month ago I looked all over the forums to see if anyone had this problem. It was my second Tour (first one replaced for the trackball problem). Everything else was perfect.

BUT what you describe was EXACTLY what happened to it. I remember making Tech Support hear it by putting the phone on speaker and using a different phone to call them (they wanted me to go into a store, which I avoid at all costs). If I was dialing a number, it would be the first number.

The tech sent a replacement out that day (which is now being replaced because GPS on it keeps crapping out, while my daughter's Tour's GPS is fine). Even tho the crackling wasn't consistent (as you said, only when the phone would be idle for a bit), I was afraid it was a sign that the speaker was going to completely blow.
    11-24-09 08:39 PM
    This sounds like the constant speakerphone buzz I had on my first Tour even at moderate volume. I learned you can't expect much audio quality while on a speakerphone call. I would sometimes also hear this buzz (sounds like it's not well put together basically) on certain volumes but not all different ringtones.

My first one also had an earpiece buzz at certain volumes.
    11-24-09 09:07 PM
    I got the "over the air" os update yesterday. Seems like since I did that last night, it's not so bad... weird.
    11-26-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD