Sorry if the double post is offensive, I'm not trying to poke anyone in the eye. My first post was hijacked and got buried. Was looking at an extended capacity for $20 more than OEM. Looking at the amperage, is 1600mAh even noticible on the Tour? The OEM is 1400mAh. Looking at the reveiws for the battery, it's evident that the posters didn't actually own; or were familiar with, the product they were reviewing (as usual). I can't imagine 200mAh making much of a difference but I thought I'd ask around from people who have used both before discounting the idea completely.
    Thanks
    -Will
    Last edited by bigwill5150; 07-21-09 at 06:33 PM. Reason: First post was hijacked.
    07-21-09 06:21 PM
    If the ratings are accurate and on the same measurement standard, then the improvement would be ((1800/1600)*100)-100 percent or 12.5%
    Last edited by jmdearras; 07-21-09 at 06:34 PM.
    07-21-09 06:31 PM
    Seidio is currently working on a extended..( am waiting to pick it up)..having used a 1600mah ( the diffrence isn't much) I would try getting a larger capacity battery>>
    07-21-09 06:38 PM
    Cool,
    thanks.
    07-21-09 06:44 PM
    i have the seidio 1600 mah and it has latsed longer than the stocker. after i really used the tour more i saw the oem batt was not lasting throughout the day. once i got the seidio 1600 its lasting well into the night with ease. seidio makes great batteries and i had the 2600 one for the curve and i could not kill that batt.. im also getting the 2600 model when its ready for the tour...
    07-21-09 07:37 PM
    I think I've read that the extended-use batteries are very slightly larger than the standard OEM battery. Is that true?

The reason I ask is because I have a very hard time removing my OEM battery from my Tour, it's really in tight (removed it when I applied my BodyGuardz). I don't see how a slightly larger battery, even if it's only larger by a tiny amount, would fit into the battery compartment or come out.

I'd love to get the Seidio extended-use battery when it's available, but the size worries me.
    07-21-09 07:55 PM
    the 1600 seidio battery is the same size as OEM so its not hard to remove. the oem was not hard to remove. the seidio 2600 battery will be twice the size and will require a different back door...
    07-21-09 08:02 PM
    will the same skins and cases still fit with an extended battery for tour or will we need new back door, skin, cases, etc?
    07-21-09 09:23 PM
    I am also using the Seido battery and it definetly lasts longer than the stock battery.

With the stock battery i would have to start recharging it by 7pm or so. With the Seido i can get until at least midnight or longer.

and thats with normal use and GPS and bluetooth on.
    07-21-09 09:24 PM
    idk if this will help but i found this on the seido website. I have one for my ipod touch and it charges it faster then the regular ipod charger so.. mabe this might help charge the tour faster idk.. just guessing.

Retractable Micro-USB Sync & Charge Cable
    07-22-09 06:30 AM
    Problem with the bigger extended is that you will need a bigger battery door. And since the battery door of the Tour isn't the entire back like that of the Bold, whenever Seidio comes out with the 2600 version, you'll need a separate back which will create a hump as opposed to just a thicker device for the entire back. wish they could come up with a higher mah with the same oem size.

a hump would create more problems such as different cases, would not fit the oem cradle... but if you need it, its a good sacrafice.
    07-22-09 09:03 AM
    Just went to their site....when the new extended 2600 battery is available, it also comes with a back door so it fits properly. Thx. I am waiting for this as well.
    08-14-09 08:24 AM
    Got it and its great, battery door you get with it is a great fit on my Tour. Love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD