Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, I did searches on "import" and "export" in subject title and found nothing.

I have a Curve and will be buying a Tour in the next few days. Is there a way to export from the Curve and Import to the Tour:

- settings, such as Profiles
    - the e-mails that are on my phone

Or is this impossible because they're different models/different OS'?

Thanks.

Greg
    08-19-09 08:27 AM
    The emails should not be a problem at all. Most stored data transfers over.

Many of your settings should transfer over too without a problem. Although the sound profiles are a little different than the Tour and would most likely have to be reconfigured when you get the Tour.
    08-19-09 08:56 AM
    HeroBerry is correct, the profile setings on the Tour are different and will need to be reconfigured. Use Desktop Manager(the CD that comes with the device) and go to Device Switch Wizard, hook up the Curve, then it will prompt you to hook up the new device, click next and you're done, it's that easy...
    08-19-09 09:01 AM
    The emails should not be a problem at all. Most stored data transfers over.

Many of your settings should transfer over too without a problem. Although the sound profiles are a little different than the Tour and would most likely have to be reconfigured when you get the Tour.
    How would I do this?

Greg
    08-19-09 09:01 AM
    HeroBerry is correct, the profile setings on the Tour are different and will need to be reconfigured. Use Desktop Manager(the CD that comes with the device) and go to Device Switch Wizard, hook up the Curve, then it will prompt you to hook up the new device, click next and you're done, it's that easy...
    Nice... thanks!

Greg
    08-19-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD