Oh VZW doesn't charge your debit card until the order ships???? I didn't know this, I was waiting until this Thursday to pre-order it because I get paid Thursday, so nothing will be charged until Monday July 13th?
    I can't guarantee that they wont charge you until it actually ships, but I think that is the word on the street.
    07-06-09 06:34 PM
    hmmmm.. i was going to just pick it up at the store this sunday --- but if by chance they MAY ship early..... maybe i'll preorder online
    FWIW, I'm banking on my guy at the store holding one for me.

At least I'll be able to touch, feel, taste and make sure it works right before I walk out the door.
    07-06-09 10:27 PM
    my order status says the same as everyone else's, but i've noticed something that may or may not be odd: there is no longer a $1 hold on my visa. best i can tell it dropped off sometime over the weekend.

anyone know is this normal? and has this happened to anybody else?

typically on a normal order the $1 charge is just to make sure you gave the correct information for your credit card and that it is legit. the $1 charge goes away after 24-48hrs and vzw continues with processing. in a normal case they will charge the full amount after the $1 has cleared and then ship item. sometimes it takes minutes sometimes days. but in this case because its a pre order and as some others have stated they will probably not charge until they ship or until they know exactly what date they can ship. if they did not do this then say they took the money from your account. come july 13th they realize they are sold out and wont have any for a month. now they have your $200+ for a month? dont think that would fly with most people. so it saves them hasle and also the customer
    07-06-09 10:32 PM
    be nice to know so i could be home and not miss them
    07-07-09 07:52 PM
    be nice to know so i could be home and not miss them
    Yeah, I'm lucky to have that week off, so I'll be here to sign for it.
    07-07-09 10:01 PM
    so is the shipping date the 13th, meaning we can expect to receive the device on the 15th or 16th?
    07-07-09 11:38 PM
    I heard from 2 different verizon employees we would receive them on the 13th.
    07-07-09 11:41 PM
    Same status!
    07-09-09 10:59 AM
    Receive pre-order phones on Monday? I don't think they would ship them on Sunday. That's extremely expensive. Maybe if they shipped out on Friday.
    07-09-09 11:20 AM
    that would be nice.

It would make sense for them to ship it out on friday so pre-order-ers can get their tours on Monday. So they don't have to wait couple more days. Then again, what's another day or two after MONTHS of anticipation?
    Last edited by dkcbears; 07-09-09 at 11:39 AM.
    07-09-09 11:37 AM
    Well since they ship over night then they could always ship it out saturday right? If they ship when they say which is the 13th we should receive them the 14th . As long as you pre order before I think its 430 on monday your phone should be shipped out same day unless they get short on quantities
    07-09-09 01:08 PM
    so is the shipping date the 13th, meaning we can expect to receive the device on the 15th or 16th?
    They ship Next Day Air, meaning you'll have it on the 14th.
    07-09-09 03:13 PM
    I suppose the status will not change until the phone ships.
    07-10-09 06:57 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD