So I managed to get my storm exchanged for a tour and it comes today from fedex. I wanted to hear from all the people who had switched from the storm to the tour and find out their initial impressions of the tour and if they are happy with their switch.
    07-14-09 09:26 AM
    Picked up my Tour yesterday and love it. Going to sell my Storm on Ebay, how do I wipe it clean of all my information ?
    07-14-09 09:33 AM
    i can answer that.

setup -> options -> security options -> general settings -> menu button then 'wipe handheld'. hope this helps.
    07-14-09 09:54 AM
    I'm selling my storm too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 11:44 PM
    Picked up my Tour yesterday and love it. Going to sell my Storm on Ebay, how do I wipe it clean of all my information ?
    I would wipe using JL_Cmder
    07-26-09 12:09 AM
    I prefer the physical keyboard over touch screen. And the resolution is technically higher when you're typing because the keyboard would take up half the screen anyways for the storm. But on the tour you'll always have 480x360. Plus I can't complain about the free memory. This thing is fast!

07-26-09 12:17 AM
    Yes this thing is fast. I'm NOT selling my storm... I'm keepin it. After seeing what the 5.0 leak can do for the storm. I might go back after the 5.0 official. Ill also be gettin the odin

07-26-09 12:22 AM
    But then everyone who gave up their Storm for the Tour will switch back when the Storm 2 comes out...
    07-26-09 12:55 AM
    I don't know that "everyone" is switching. But I'm sure a lot of people have given up on that thing that a small portion of the world calls a "smart phone".
    07-26-09 12:56 AM
    Hey guys I have a storm with VZW and I have the insurance plan. I bought a tour off ebay. Will I be able to just add the insurance to the tour and it be covered?
    07-26-09 01:09 AM
    Just sold my unlocked storm the other day on ebay for $255. I'm happy with that. Paid $200 for it and $100 for the tour. Not a bad deal at all

Make sure you unlock it though, that definitely boosts the price and marketability.
    07-26-09 01:10 AM
    I had the Curve for Verizon, but picked up a Bold for AT&T (still keeping the Curve as a backup). The Bold was an amazing device, but AT&T was not an amazing carrier, so I returned the Bold. Around the same time the rumors had started about a Bold-esque device coming out for Verizon, but details were still pretty light at this point.
    The Storm was still new for Verizon, and being a sucker for BlackBerrys I picked one up (knowing that I would be getting the new Bold-for-Verizon when it came out).
    Sure enough the Tour came, and the Storm was out.
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 07-26-09 at 05:00 AM.
    07-26-09 04:51 AM
    Nope, I'm a storm diehard. I have never had any problems with my storm and intend to purchase the storm 2 if it has wifi.
    07-26-09 07:48 AM
    But then everyone who gave up their Storm for the Tour will switch back when the Storm 2 comes out...
    highly unlikly. after watching the Video of STORM 2 in action a few days ago by Kevin, storm 2 seems to be even worse then storm 1 currently. after seeing storm 2 in action I'm even that much happier with my move to the Tour!!
    07-26-09 08:00 AM
    I switched as well. The storm is the biggest POS phone on the planet in my opinion. I'm NEVER going back.
    07-26-09 08:05 AM
    Tired of touch screen. Maybe it's because I work in the industry but I'm sick of the hype. I'm so much faster with everything on my tour. The only downside is I don't get leaks or anything and the tour forum is pretty boring with a billion threads about a loose door lol.
    07-26-09 10:28 AM
    True... but my comment was meant for those that already had storms and were switching for the Tour.

If they chose to buy the Storm initially it means they must've liked the bigger touch screen aspect of it.

From what I've read, the Storm 2 boosts app memory to 256 mb, adds WiFi and fixes a lot of bugs with the surepress touchpad. So it's obviously appealing to people who like the Storm.

I myself am waiting to hear about the Magnum. Having the Bold's keyboard for typing, texting, messaging, with a bigger touch screen for browsing would be amazing.
    07-26-09 06:08 PM
    True... but my comment was meant for those that already had storms and were switching for the Tour.

If they chose to buy the Storm initially it means they must've liked the bigger touch screen aspect of it.

From what I've read, the Storm 2 boosts app memory to 256 mb, adds WiFi and fixes a lot of bugs with the surepress touchpad. So it's obviously appealing to people who like the Storm.

I myself am waiting to hear about the Magnum. Having the Bold's keyboard for typing, texting, messaging, with a bigger touch screen for browsing would be amazing.
    I did have a storm, I liked aspects of it but I was unwilling to give up functionality for a larger screen so I traded it in. Storm2 will be cool, no doubt, it had better be with all the beta testing lol
    07-26-09 08:00 PM
    I love my Tour. I gave my Storm to my mom, lol. She's practically blind and loves the huge screen. I'll never go back. This phone rocks my world.

07-26-09 08:03 PM
    Just got my tour today off an annual upgrade.. Love it so far!! Its great to have a keyboard again.. I'm already flying on it!

07-26-09 08:27 PM
    VZW switched me from my 4th storm to my tour. Loving it. Forgot how fast a BB could be. I was almost to the point of the touchscreen issues with the corners that I was about to go back to my curve. RIM's Quality Control was not the best on the storm even if VZW made them rush out the door. I would never put my name on something as shoddy as that. I love the storm and the idea of how *IT* was suppose to work.

The tour is an amazing device. It is quick and the screen is amazing. Battery door is a little loose but hey I think I can deal with that.

If the storm performed like the tour, I would have never have switched. I do miss the touchscreen of the storm but not enough to overlook all the crap anymore. Tour all the way....
    07-26-09 09:06 PM
    I have both the storm and the tour now. Got the tour for work, storm is my personal phone. Personally I like the storm much better. Both are great phones and it all comes down to whether you want a touch screen or not. Personally I can type much faster on the storm, but a lot of people will beg to differ with me.

Just get the phone that you think you will be happy with.

07-26-09 09:26 PM
    I had the Storm but after the initial honeymoon period, I grew to dislike it more and more. It took so much longer to do everyday tasks, so I found myself waiting to get to my laptop to do certain things that I would previously do regularly on my Curve. The slow OS, sketchy input were only the tip of the iceberg, as I had to swap my phone 3 times in 4 months due to a screen that no longer clicked. That type of unreliability was the final straw for me.

The Tour has been great and I find myself relying on it more and more, and leaving my laptop in the bag during my work day.

07-26-09 09:44 PM
    i had 3 storms yeah they sucked but i had three because they were pretty awesome with all features big screen and it was getting better i just swithced phones alot and wanted to go back to the storm a few times i went to the tour though and will probably stay with it because i had the curve and that was my favorite phone by far and now the tour with video much better
    07-26-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD