To all,

Since there are so many threads with people plotting and trying to figure out how to get out of contracts or swaps of phones to get the tour it is real easy to answer for everyone. It all comes down to how good you are on the phone when dealing with customer service. If you are not a quick thinker and dont have a rebuttal for everything they have to say you are not going to get much done. So basically anything is possible to get done, it just comes down to how good you are on the phone and dealing with people. Best advice anyone can give since there is no one right way to do it is to have an argument and plan of action before you get on the phone and be able to present as if it is reasonable to the people helping you.

Personal note: This might be totally not you but if you are a yeller to try and get things done i dont think it works as well as trying to talk to the CS people since they basically deal with getting yelled at all day long.

Best of luck to everyone to get there new Tours, i am very excited to be getting mine.

also people who pay the cancellation fee to get out of contracts, you still own that number so you dont have to get a new number if people are worried about that. I seem to be reading that alot.
    07-02-09 10:53 AM
    To all,

Since there are so many threads with people plotting and trying to figure out how to get out of contracts or swaps of phones to get the tour it is real easy to answer for everyone. It all comes down to how good you are on the phone when dealing with customer service. If you are not a quick thinker and dont have a rebuttal for everything they have to say you are not going to get much done. So basically anything is possible to get done, it just comes down to how good you are on the phone and dealing with people. Best advice anyone can give since there is no one right way to do it is to have an argument and plan of action before you get on the phone and be able to present as if it is reasonable to the people helping you.

Personal note: This might be totally not you but if you are a yeller to try and get things done i dont think it works as well as trying to talk to the CS people since they basically deal with getting yelled at all day long.

Best of luck to everyone to get there new Tours, i am very excited to be getting mine.

also people who pay the cancellation fee to get out of contracts, you still own that number so you dont have to get a new number if people are worried about that. I seem to be reading that alot.
    Good advice... BUT... I think there are going to be a lot of pissed off people in a few months when they ditch their Storm for the Tour... sign a new contract... and the Storm 2 comes out... mark my words... they will all want the Storm 2...

Here's my advice for those people... if you want a touchscreen blackberry... wait it out... but if you really want a qwerty keyboard blackberry... then get the Tour... Either way... wait or Tour... they won't be dissapointed...
    07-02-09 11:02 AM
    Just wanted to throw my .02 in. I bought the Samsung Omnia back in November and found out (after my 30 days) that I absolutely hate it (I need a keyboard). When I found out about the Tour, I was excited, but knew I didn't have the money to pay full retail.

Anyways, I called 611 and got to a manager. I explained my situation (had a baby in November, wasn't really able to test my phone out until after 30 days had passed, etc.). She then checked my account history, saw that I have been with Verizon since 2003 and then noticed that I haven't missed a payment during those 6 years. She basically indicated that with payment history like that, and with a reasonable story, she had no problem resetting my NE2 for that very day.

I agree with the OP - you have to be able to think on your feet. If you just call saying you want the new phone, they aren't going to help you. If you call and have a valid reason and have been good with your account history, they should be willing to help you out.

On another note, she also said that I should be able to use the instant rebate, my NE2, and my $50 for VIP - which should get the Tour down to $50 total. I can't wait to become a Berry addict, especially at that price!
    07-02-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD