I went to back up my tour tonight and I got the error backing up database(s) [theme settings] 0 of 1 entries retrieved.

I figured that I had an incompatable theme, so I deleted them one by one trying a battery pull and then a backup. Same thing every time. I now have no themes but the stock ones. I deleted autostandby since it didn't work with 5.0. I upgraded to 5.0, but this is my first time with this error. Please help.
    04-13-10 09:03 PM
    I'm using the Sprint Precision Zen theme. I just downloaded and installed the BerryBuzz and BBM upgrades today. Since installing, I now get the same error when I attempt to create a backup. I restored my theme database from a backup I created on 5/4 as well as the loader backup that was created today. Restoring the database from both backups yield the same results. What's puzzling is that the backup on 5/4 was successful at the time, and now when I restore the themes database from that perfectly good backup, it acts as though it's corrupted and won't backup. The error remained after having performed 2 reboots.
    Last edited by RegE; 05-28-10 at 08:38 PM. Reason: addendum
    05-28-10 07:34 PM
    It's the theme settings database that is causing the problem, not the theme itself.

The point of the theme settings is keeping your icon settings/etc even if you uninstall the theme (so uninstalling the theme won't do anything). Do an advanced backup and skip the theme settings.
    05-28-10 07:36 PM
    Papped,
    Do you think the Themes Settings Database has gotten corrupted somehow, or is it more reasonable to think that DM has developed an issue? As I posted earlier, none of my previous themes databases will backup now.
    05-28-10 08:59 PM
    Something could have gotten screwed up from the restore.

You could just install the themes again instead of doing a restore.
    05-28-10 10:42 PM
    I have 6 themes (2 are stock) loaded on my device. When I switch themes, the device remembers the settings for each theme as I activate them. The Theme Settings Database seems to be doing it's job as far as remembering the settings, it just won't communicate those settings to DM.
    05-29-10 01:27 PM
    The thing that I did was wipe and restored everything but the themes. I downloaded the themes again and all was well. I did it one by one, doing a backup after every change. No issues ever since.
    05-29-10 09:34 PM
    Good to hear! I also wiped the device and restored from my backups, and everything's OK now. All the themes were restored; except, the icon positions were askew. Apparently, after upgrading BBM, the first restore process had a hiccup and corrupted the Themes Database causing the error. I'm a happy camper again!
    06-02-10 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD