i transfered all my stuff from my storm to my tour using desktop manager. now whenever i try to refresh the application center i get an error saying

An error occured while updating the application list: Error 404.

now i know 404 means page cannot be found but it's working fine on another tour i have. so what gives?
    07-12-09 09:34 PM
    Mine did the same thing. I ran the battery down until the radio turned off then plugged it in to the wall charger and when the battery had enough juice to turn the radio back on the application list was there and haven't had the error 404 again. Guess you could try and turn the mobile connection off the turn it back on and see if that works. Good luck.
    07-12-09 09:50 PM
    Mine did the same thing. I ran the battery down until the radio turned off then plugged it in to the wall charger and when the battery had enough juice to turn the radio back on the application list was there and haven't had the error 404 again. Guess you could try and turn the mobile connection off the turn it back on and see if that works. Good luck.
    trying it now...
    07-12-09 09:53 PM
    Hope it works for ya.
    07-12-09 09:54 PM
    nope that didn't work
    07-12-09 09:58 PM
    is there a way to reinstall it using desktop manager?
    07-12-09 10:00 PM
    Sorry bro. Maybe it will start working on its own. My phone has been getting faster and smoother as they day goes by.
    07-12-09 10:01 PM
    Plug it in and give it a shot.
    07-12-09 10:03 PM
    just got off the phone with verizon. they had to switch something over from my storm and the guy resent the service books for me. then he also had me register the phone through the host routing table menu.

once that was all done everything was working again.
    07-12-09 10:16 PM
    I had the same issue with my Tour with the Application Center. I also had to call customer service and eventually talked to two very helpful CS Reps by the name of Troy and Paula. They got me back and running in no time flat. Apparently the problem with the App Center is caused by the PIN number. When you purchase a new BB device you need to have the CS person or salesperson update your account to reflect your new PIN number. I thought I'd share this little tid-bit as it might help someone in the future if they are having the same problem.

--renny--

07-16-09 09:34 AM
    I tried turning off my radio, re-registering the application center and the host routing table and I still can't use the application center. The application center worked before I restored my tour from my storm back up.
    07-22-09 05:21 AM
    I tried turning off my radio, re-registering the application center and the host routing table and I still can't use the application center. The application center worked before I restored my tour from my storm back up.
    Is this your first BB? If not see my post above. It only took a few minutes with CS to fix this problem.
    07-22-09 07:56 AM
    yeah i had this problem too, the only way to fix it is really just call them up at 18009220204 and they resend the service books which fix the issue.
    07-28-09 10:05 PM
    Is this your first BB? If not see my post above. It only took a few minutes with CS to fix this problem.
    No, this is my seventh BlackBerry actually lol
    But I hate being on the phone with customer service so I'm probably going to go to the Verizon store at the mall or something and have them do it for me.
    07-29-09 01:36 AM
    I ditched my Storm for the Tour today and had the same problem getting the application center error 404 after I transfered from the storm to the tour. You can waste time talking to customer service, or if they are closed at 3am as they were for me you can simply login to your perspective blackberry website. IE for Verizon, https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw. Once you login you can send the Service books to your self from the drop down menu on the left. That solves the problem instantly.
    08-02-09 02:39 AM
    I trashed my storm for the tour I also got the error 404 in the vzw app center and through my comp knowledge and some trial and error i updated my email pin from my storm to my tour and no more error. I did this by re-setting up my email from my tour hope this saves some cs headaches.
    08-02-09 10:24 AM
    Thanks that worked perfectly!!!
    09-03-09 06:38 PM
    I have .230 on my tour and really like it. Vzn app center doesn't work on this OS. I've actually never used this much, is it a problem for me if it remains non functional on the phone? I guess I'm wondering if there are official upgrades to software if not having a functional app center will prevent me from getting them.

Thanks.
    10-03-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD