I pre ordered my Tour tonight this is my first BB. My question is i have a lot of ringtones(Pics and Vids as well) saved on my SD card that is in my EnV. Will i be able to just put my card in the tour and use the songs as ringtones? It may be to early for anyone to know. Maybe some of yall have an idea about it.

tks
    chris
    07-02-09 10:40 PM
    As long as it's a micro sd card it should work. When I went from a dumbphone (LG Dare) to my Storm earlier this year the rep at VZW took the sd card out of the storm, put it in the dare, transfered all of my pictures and songs over to it, and put it back in the storm. All of the pictures and songs worked fine.
    07-02-09 10:47 PM
    Ok. Yes it is a Micro SD all my stuff is saved to my card that way if the EnV crapped out on me b4 i got the tour i still had all my pics and ringtones. Just wasnt sure if i could just plug it in and use em or if i would need to upload them to the laptop and then put them on the tour.
    07-02-09 10:54 PM
    I didn't have a problem when I went from the EnV to the Curve 8330, however, it was having an issue finding the ringtones I had on the card, so I backed up everything on my SD card to my PC. I then formatted the card by putting it in my BB, and then using the USB cable transferred everything back to the SD card. Now, all my ringtones work just fine. I did that just to make sure the card would work properly in the future...
    07-02-09 11:08 PM
    Should work but just to make it works right the first time do what nmbbaddict and backup your files to your computer and format the memory card using the BB Tour. When you have done that just create folders labeled "Pictures" "Ringtones" etc. and everything should flawlessly the first time around.
    07-02-09 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD