A co-worker of mine recently purchased a Tour on T-Mobile. We successfully activated the device on our BES server; all her mail and calendars and cotnacts are showing up on the phone. Is there a way to create a separate mailbox icon for the enterprise account? I tried going into Messages - Options - General Options - SMS and Email Inboxes: Separate, but that did not create one.

I have a separate inbox on my Bold, which was created when I activated the account, I did not have to do anything special for it to show up there.

Thanks.
    09-01-09 03:01 PM
    I have searched this exact same thing trying to keep my Gmail (not through the app) and BES email separate. Here are the options that I found:

1. Use Empower BES Mailbox to create a BES Mailbox icon separate from Messages

2. Have your BES Admin change settings to push a BES mailbox icon out to all devices (will affect everyone).

It's not likely that your BES Admin will want to push a change like this out to everyone, so your best bet is probably the Empower software. From what I understand, it works pretty good. It's $20, so it's up to your co-worker to decide if that's worth it to her.
    09-01-09 03:12 PM
    I can get access to the BES server to make the needed changes.

I see there's this article, but is there a change that can be made in the policy without installing this?

When I run that SQL command, I get this error:

[40000] (09/01 16:43:21.883):{0xA44} ExecuteStatement: Unable to run the statement:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- EnableBESOnlyMessageApplication.sql
    --
    -- This will turn on the BES-Only Message Application option for all
    -- BlackBerry Enterprise Servers managed in the target database.
    --
    -- (C) 2008 Research In Motion Limited.
    UPDATE ServerConfig SET BESOnlyMessages = 1 WHERE BESOnlyMessages = 0
    [40000] (09/01 16:43:21.883):{0xA44} ExecuteStatement: Error: [ADOConnectionItem::ExecuteUpdateSQL(): Could not execute SQL Command "----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- EnableBESOnlyMessageApplication.sql
    --
    -- This will turn on the BES-Only Message Application option for all
    -- BlackBerry Enterprise Servers managed in the target database.
    --
    -- (C) 2008 Research In Motion Limited.
    UPDATE ServerConfig SET BESOnlyMessages = 1 WHERE BESOnlyMessages = 0".]
    [10000] (09/01 16:43:21.883):{0xA44} Problem occured while executing SQL commands.

When I look in the SQL Database under dbo.ServerConfig, I don't see a field for BESOnlyMessages.
    Last edited by terrrrrible; 09-01-09 at 03:58 PM.
    09-01-09 03:23 PM
    Still no luck with this. Can anyone explain the error I'm getting?
    09-02-09 09:08 AM
    I have searched this exact same thing trying to keep my Gmail (not through the app) and BES email separate. Here are the options that I found:

1. Use Empower BES Mailbox to create a BES Mailbox icon separate from Messages

2. Have your BES Admin change settings to push a BES mailbox icon out to all devices (will affect everyone).

It's not likely that your BES Admin will want to push a change like this out to everyone, so your best bet is probably the Empower software. From what I understand, it works pretty good. It's $20, so it's up to your co-worker to decide if that's worth it to her.
    So it isn't possible to set-up my own BES mailbox icon on just my phone?
    12-08-09 02:19 PM
    Still no luck with this. Can anyone explain the error I'm getting?
    What SQL database are you running? Do you have access to the database? It sounds like the account you are using may not have permissions. I'm running SQL server 2005, and just used enterprise manager to go into the database, find the correct table, find the correct column, and just changed the value manually, rather than running the script.

Also, make sure to resend the service books after you make this change.

For anyone that doesn't have access to change this, or your admin doesn't want to push it to all phones (I really don't see why not, you can just hide the icon if you don't want it), you can save a search filter that shows your enterprise email only to a hotkey, such as alt+w. Not a perfect solution, but it works.
    12-09-09 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD