So I went to add a new Gmail e-mail account to my Blackberry, and once I did it I got an email saying to go to Enhanced Gmail Plug-in for BlackBerry Smartphones and download the "enhanced plug-in" which seems different than Google's app. So I did that and downloaded it, and now I have a new app running in the background that I can't close and it deleted all my current messages held on my other gmail account tied to my Blackberry (on the phone only). Is this new? Anyone know what functionality this adds?
    09-27-09 02:40 PM
    i have it and don't really know what it adds yet but it's rumored that eventually we will have 2 way syncing soon. never had any issues like you've experienced though.
    09-27-09 02:42 PM
    I've been having trouble with this as well. I think it has something to do with having 3 gmail(one personal google apps, one school google apps, and one gmail account) all setup on my phone and it doesn't really know which one to go with...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 02:44 PM
    Wow, just clicked the link to read what RIM has to say about it. Been seeing the local/remote choice when I search but didn't really think about it. Apparently one of the features is the ability to search through emails that are no longer on your BB but are still on the gmail servers. That's cool
    09-27-09 02:45 PM
    The Gmail plugin has been out for over a month:

http://crackberry.com/enhanced-gmail...-now-available

Features:
    • Add and remove labels and stars on email messages
    • Report spam email messages
    • Perform local and remote searches
    • Archive email messages
    • View related email messages as a single conversation (threaded view)
    And no, you cannot close out of it; it is always running.
    09-27-09 02:49 PM
    That is cool.

I downloaded it when I set up my gmail on my new Tour (i didnt have the feature installed on my storm...), it looks like you can add stars, etc. to emails. On my storm, I used the gmial program from google.

The biggest issue I see with the plug-in is .... the options are only available when you access the mailbox itself - kind of a pain if you use the "messages" folder to compile all of your emails.
    09-27-09 02:51 PM
    I downloaded it when it came out its useful> I use it. You can search remotely and its nice> also the grouped messages is nice
    09-27-09 02:59 PM
    It also seems when you setup a gMail account on your Blackberry, the registration email that gets sent to the device has a link to the Enhanced Plugin. I think thats pretty cool of RIM
    09-27-09 03:45 PM
    I've been having trouble with this as well. I think it has something to do with having 3 gmail(one personal google apps, one school google apps, and one gmail account) all setup on my phone and it doesn't really know which one to go with...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have 4 gmail accounts on my BB and have no trouble at all.
    09-28-09 07:23 AM
    I have 4 gmail accounts on my BB and have no trouble at all.
    same. works fine here..
    09-28-09 07:58 AM
    It also seems when you setup a gMail account on your Blackberry, the registration email that gets sent to the device has a link to the Enhanced Plugin. I think thats pretty cool of RIM
    That's the only reason I know about it. I had a gmail account on my Blackberry since I got the Tour, but only recently did I know about this enhanced plugin thing.

I don't really see any downsides to it, so that's nice. I just wish it didn't delete all my emails from my Tour after installing it.
    09-28-09 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD