I tried to encrypt my device using my device password (I chose to encrypt both memory card and device memory ... and the only thing I excluded were contacts), but I don't think it worked. There was no extra extension added to the end of my file names. Also, when I tried sending some files and pictures (which were supposed to now be encrypted), the recipient could read them just fine .... shouldn't they have not been able to read them if they were encrypted? Or does it un-encrypt when I send the file to someone?

EDIT: Sorry, in my title I meant encryption NOT working.
    Last edited by CaraP; 05-12-10 at 11:21 AM.
    05-12-10 11:18 AM
    I think it only encrypts device memory/memory card. Your phone decrypts it when you use your phone. I wouldn't suggest encrypting your SD card.
    05-12-10 11:57 AM
    I think it only encrypts device memory/memory card. Your phone decrypts it when you use your phone. I wouldn't suggest encrypting your SD card.
    But shouldn't it be adding an .rem extension to the end of the .png, .3gp, etc.?
    05-12-10 12:31 PM
    The file has to be saved after you enable encryption for the rem extension to be added to the file. It won't just encrypt pre-existing files. If you rename a file, you should see the rem extension added.

The encrypted file will automatically be decrypted once you email it from the device.

The protection this offers is if someone finds/steals your phone and doesn't have the password, they can't just remove the memory card to have access to your files.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD