Hi,

I have posted on this issue once before but did not get a good answer. I will continue to post it from time to time in the hope someone will read it that has encountered the same problem and can offer a solution(s).

I have two email accounts set up on my Tour; one through Thomaswebs and the other through roadrunner (Kansas City). From time to time I will get a message I will choose to delete, sometimes not. Either way, the message will continue to download into my inbox regardless of how many times I choose "delete from in box and handheld." Until I login into webmail.kc.rr.com or thomaswebs.net or open Outlook from one of my PCs and delete the problem message, it will continue to return. The problem occurs with bot accounts.

I am not sure, but I think the problem began when I added the second account (the thomaswebs account) to my Tour about a week after I added the first.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Jon
    11-16-09 08:13 PM
    Now that you have posted again, it would be also be nice to know what ou have done in the past to and resolve this. With that knowledge, we can maybe come up with new ideas for you.
    11-16-09 08:18 PM
    lastraid,

Called Verizon, but they were of little help; placed the blame on the email providers. This is my first Blackberry, so I am still very unfamiliar with them.

Jon
    11-16-09 08:34 PM
    Go to: MESSAGES > MENU > OPTIONS > EMAIL RECONCILIATION. What do you have set for your 'On Conflicts' setting?
    11-16-09 08:36 PM
    lastraid,

Called Verizon, but they were of little help; placed the blame on the email providers. This is my first Blackberry, so I am still very unfamiliar with them.

Jon
    11-16-09 08:52 PM
    Go to: MESSAGES > MENU > OPTIONS > EMAIL RECONCILIATION. What do you have set for your 'On Conflicts' setting?

Mailbox wins
    11-16-09 08:55 PM
    Mailbox wins
    Change this to "handheld wins." See if that fixes the problem.
    If you're like me, I rely exclusively on my BB for email (well, 90% anyway) and rarely check using the computer.
    This may solve your problem.
    11-16-09 08:58 PM
    I would sign-in to your BIS account and resend the service books and then reboot the device. That should resolve the conflicts between the BB servers and the host servers.
    11-16-09 08:59 PM
    Also if not done, I would also delete the both accounts and reset them up.
    11-16-09 09:02 PM
    Okay, changed e-mail reconcilliation to "handheld wins", but problem persists.
    How do I:
    1. sign into my BIS account and resend service books?

2. delete the two email accounts and reset them up?

Thanks everyone.

Jon
    11-17-09 01:00 PM
    Okay, changed e-mail reconcilliation to "handheld wins", but problem persists.
    How do I:
    1. sign into my BIS account and resend service books?

2. delete the two email accounts and reset them up?

Thanks everyone.

Jon
    I'd try #1 and wait and see if it works before trying #2.

To log into BIS, go here: BlackBerry Internet Service

Use the same login and PW that you used when logging in on your phone's email setup screen.

To resend service books, click on "help" and then "send service books"
    11-17-09 02:07 PM
    Tried #1 and the problem persists. I guess it's time to try #2. Do I need to contact VZW to accomplish this? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 11:42 AM
    No. You can do it directly from the BIS page. You don't need to call.
    11-18-09 11:53 AM
    Okay, if I delete an email account from the BIS page, do I need to have the information related to the account, such as servers, in front of me to set it back up, or will it automatically be reset when I send books? Thanks.
    11-27-09 04:07 PM
    If you delete an account from the BIS page, it will be completely gone and you will have to set it up from scratch. (ie, you will need the account information).

If you delete the email service books from the device and resend the service books, you won't need the account information.
    11-27-09 04:18 PM
    Since you are using Outlook, you are using POP3 email setup at home and your BB is defaulting to POP3 for your "no-name" email accounts. This is NOT Verizon issue.

First, check to see your email servce providor support IMAP. If yes, you need to switch over to IMAP for email access at home and on your BB.
    11-27-09 04:23 PM
    Motorcycle Mama,

Two questions:

1. How do I delete the service books for the problem account?

2. In order to resend the books, do I simply log into my BIS account and "resend service books?"

Thanks,
    Jon
    11-27-09 06:41 PM
    1. Options > Advanced Options > Service Book > scroll to the email address. Delete both the [CICAL] and the [CMIME] entries by highlighting each one, pressing the Menu Button and selecting delete.

2. Yes. It's under the "Help" link on the BIS page.
    11-27-09 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD