I'm a BES user and I just switched from the Storm to the Tour and now whenever I get an email with an attachment the email text is missing and there is a file attached called "text/plain" which the Tour is not able to open/view. Any thoughts on why this may be happening?

As an aside, it's good to be off of the Storm. The Tour is much faster when working however I think the Storm may have better battery life...too soon to say for sure.
    07-13-09 07:14 PM
    Having the same problem - this did not happen with my 8830, looks like it might be a bug.
    07-13-09 07:17 PM
    I am also getting this on my Storm...just upgraded the software to 151 and have the exact same issue. I am running BES as well.

Any thoughts?
    07-14-09 04:33 PM
    i have same problem on BES - RIM Says wipe the operating system and reinstall.
    07-21-09 10:52 AM
    I tried wiping the device and reinstalling without luck...is this working for anyone else?
    07-22-09 07:42 PM
    Having the same issues, however it is not consistent. I can get a message direct to me with an attachment and it works, then the next message to me does not work. However if I forward the message to another tour user or back to my PC, I can read it.
    07-23-09 05:56 PM
    I just read on another forum that RIM told someone's IT Director that they were aware of the problem and that it can only be fixed with an update to the server. Great...this is going to take forever to get straightened out...
    07-24-09 08:59 AM
    a known issue as of 8-31-09 and development is currently investigating View Document

It's an issue with different 3rd party apps that work with the MAPI protocols of the Tour. It is currently being investigated.

It causes the text/plain attachment if there is an image attached or embedded.
    09-08-09 09:29 PM
    I had the same issue and it ended up being the RSA Secure app. I deleted the app and still had the issue, it was resolved after I reloaded the OS. No RSA Secure app for me. There are others that cause the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 11:35 PM
    I am on my FOURTH Tour since the device was released. Never had this problem on the prior devices - those all had trackball problems.

Where do I find the RSA Secure app to delete? I don't see it on my device.
    10-29-09 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD