hi all -

I don't think this is specific to a Tour but the issue is occurring with one, so..

We have a user with a Tour on an Exchange server.

The problem is, the phone is set for Email Reconciliation:

Delete on - Mailbox & Handheld
    Wireless Reconcile - On
    On Conflicts - Mailbox Wins

..but emails are still not deleted from the Tour after they are deleted from his mailbox. If they are deleted from the phone, they ARE deleted from the mailbox.

Under General Options, Keep Messages is set to 30 Days - would this be overriding reconciliation settings, or is there something else going on?

07-29-09 11:49 AM
    I'm on a BES and I'm having the same issue. In addition to this issue, when I receive emails with an attachment that also have text in the body I cannot view the text and there is a 2nd attachment called "text/plain" which I cannot open.
    07-29-09 12:35 PM
    hi all -

I don't think this is specific to a Tour but the issue is occurring with one, so..

Wireless Reconcile - On

..but emails are still not deleted from the Tour after they are deleted from his mailbox. If they are deleted from the phone, they ARE deleted from the mailbox.

Under General Options, Keep Messages is set to 30 Days - would this be overriding reconciliation settings, or is there something else going on?

Do you have other phones on this BES server that are working fine? If this is the only phone you might have to check server properties and I remember there being a setting I just changed myself
    07-29-09 12:40 PM
    Do you have other phones on this BES server that are working fine? If this is the only phone you might have to check server properties and I remember there being a setting I just changed myself
    This is the first and only Tour.. the CEO's. (this explains why I care at all)
    Noone else has remarked about this issue and other BBs range from 8703s to 8330s, 8830s and 9000s.

The BES is v 4.1.6.9, the Tour is 4.7.1.40.
    Last edited by amazingrando; 07-29-09 at 12:51 PM.
    07-29-09 12:48 PM
    hi all -
    Wireless Reconcile - On
    I had the same issue on my 8330. Apparently that's just the way it works: deleting from your mailbox does not delete off of the BB. If you do more searching on this site, I think you will find more related threads.

Cheers
    07-29-09 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD