just got my tour today and did the device switch myself and everything seemed to transfer fine until i noticed i wansnt receiving emails anymore , anyone know why this could be?

also i set all my alerts (messages e.g.) to be the bb notifier 6 yet my bbm doesn't play that when i receive a message, any help would be greatly appreciated for either problem, thanx
    07-31-09 11:31 PM
    just got my tour today and did the device switch myself and everything seemed to transfer fine until i noticed i wansnt receiving emails anymore , anyone know why this could be?

also i set all my alerts (messages e.g.) to be the bb notifier 6 yet my bbm doesn't play that when i receive a message, any help would be greatly appreciated for either problem, thanx
    make sure you log into your BIS account either from the phone or computer and switch your PIN. It's probably still set to the old device. Also send your service books AFTER you do the PIN change. It should work then.
    07-31-09 11:33 PM
    On this issue, try making a call, even to *611, and put it on SPEAKERPHONE. I had VZW switch out my Tour 1x already due to another problem but when they gave me a brand new one out of the box, the earpiece was broken and the speaker worked. You may have the reverse problem.

If it DOES work, check to see if your "Sound in Holster" is set to "Yes". If it's set to "No" and you have it in a holster, when you get a message, you won't get any notifications.
    07-31-09 11:35 PM
    yeah it was the pin, it was associated to my old device so i switched it and now im receiving emails so woo, and for the notifier i hear a sound its just the wrong one and i did change it but its not playing the sound i want, also how do i send my service books
    07-31-09 11:43 PM
    You can send the service books from your BIS login on the computer or through the "Email Setup" on the phone (that will take you into the BIS account).

Just look on the left side of the page (in your BIS account), OR the hyperlink on the device to "Send Service Books". Click it, it should ask you if you want to send them, say yes, then a message will appear saying "Service Books Successfully Sent". If you look at your device, you'll then have a new mail message for each account saying you'll start recieving mail in about 20 minutes.
    07-31-09 11:46 PM
    well i went into the email setup and it said i had to validate the accounts then i recieved that message and started getting emails so thats solved . thanks for the help with that now bout the notifiers. i selected bb pro 6 to be my notifier for all messages and alerts but when i receive a bbm it plays some other notifier.:\ idk how to fix it, maybe make a custom profile or something :| idk
    07-31-09 11:55 PM
    well i went into the email setup and it said i had to validate the accounts then i recieved that message and started getting emails so thats solved . thanks for the help with that now bout the notifiers. i selected bb pro 6 to be my notifier for all messages and alerts but when i receive a bbm it plays some other notifier.:\ idk how to fix it, maybe make a custom profile or something :| idk
    You shouldn't have to make a custom profile.

Just go into profiles, select "Set Ringtones / Alerts" and everything is listed there under different categories. Make sure you go into the correct area (I can't tell you what it is right now because my phone is upstairs), and set the BBM ringtone to what you wanted. Save it, exit, and wait for a message from a friend. It should work. Let me know / us know if you have any other issues or can't get it.
    08-01-09 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD