I apologize in advance, but I searched, and am still having a hard time with this one.

I just received a new tour to replace the bad trackball tour. I went into DM and did a BackUp and Restore before I returned the old phone.

I got the new phone today, pugged it in, and transfered everything over from the idj ? file. Everything transfered fine, except for the few apps I had. I have all of my old messages and emails in there as well.

BUT... I am not receiving any new email on the phone. What is the exact procedure to get this up and running. Some people said something about service books and hosting tables, but I really dont know what that is. Is there a way I can delete the email on the phone, and just go through the setup wizard and add that same email in? PLEASE HELP!!

Let me know

Thanks Again, and you guys are great. This blackberry is probably the best phone I have ever used, and think I Will be staying with BB for life.
    09-13-09 11:49 AM
    You need to go into your Setup Folder, then "Email Settings" click on the Blackberry Menu key (The one with the dots on it) and then select "Service Books" on the next screen select "Send Service books" this will reconfigure your email on the Tour to work again. IF you cant figure it out, then call your service provider and have them send your service books. We do it for people all the time.
    09-13-09 12:27 PM
    You need to go into your Setup Folder, then "Email Settings" click on the Blackberry Menu key (The one with the dots on it) and then select "Service Books" on the next screen select "Send Service books" this will reconfigure your email on the Tour to work again. IF you cant figure it out, then call your service provider and have them send your service books. We do it for people all the time.

My email settings folder brings me to the New User, or Existing Users Page (which I dont think I remember my username or password from the old phone)

I hit the Blackberry Key and it only gives me Create New Account, Forgot Password, Log In, Swich, Close. It doesnt say anything about service books.

Can I just create a new account, and ADD the same email address, or will that screw things up.

I also tried to use the Forgot Password, and it has me type in my username. I tried this with a few differernt user names, and each time it just set that "my password was sent to my mobile device" I never get it, as it may be a wrong user name?

Let me know. Thanks again for the info.. really appreciate it...
    09-13-09 12:56 PM
    Talked with Sprint and solved the problems...

But, I think GMAIL is having a problem now. I was able to receive a test email from Sprint, but cant send any emails to myself from my gmail account. They show up on the computer, but not on the BB.

Anyone know a quick fix, or is gmail and BIS not working together right now..
    09-13-09 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD