Two questions I have regarding my email settings and messaging notifications...

1. If I have the gmail app installed, can I make that the default email app and get rid of the basic, default blackberry email icon? I would love to have one icon for email, not two.

2. Is there a way to turn off the notifications that come up under the messages folder so I can move that folder and never have to go in it.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. This forum is amazing! Thanks to everyone for making this forum so enjoyable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 09:18 AM
    1. No you can't make the Gmail app default.
    2. Go to Sounds and Edit your message tones to be silent w/ no LED.
    07-23-09 09:20 AM
    A very basic issue: Why is there no "Sent Mail" folder? It's hard to believe this would be a difficult thing to do and it seems like it would be a very valuable change.

I just don't get why all the messages, whether sent or received, whether Email or SMS, or for that matter, dialed or missed or received calls, all have to be aggregated in one folder.

Sometimes I just want to see what I sent to someone or what calls I made or missed without having to go through the entire folder and figure out which is incoming or outgoing.

Am I missing something?
    07-23-09 09:30 AM
    While in the message list-

E=Check for delivery errors.
    U=Check for unread messages
    P=Previous day
    S=Search messages
    J=Message thread
    K=Same
    C=Compose
    V=Saved messages
    T=Top