I had the guy at verizon set up my yahoo account for me. Well, on my front screen I have "messages" and my "yahoo" account. Why do I have two?
    07-12-09 06:00 PM
    The "Messages" folder will show all messages that you receive... even text messages, if you don't want them separated. If you would rather just use the Yahoo icon, then you can move the Messages icon into a folder where you don't see it, or you can hide it so you don't see it. I prefer to use the Messages icon because I have a couple different email addresses on my phone, and all the messages go to the Messages icon. I have just moved the actual email icons (Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) into a folder where I don't see them. The Messages icon should also show missed calls, unless you set it not to.
    07-12-09 06:03 PM
    I was just about to post the same exact question. My messages folder does not show my text messages though. How do I change it so that it will?
    07-12-09 06:06 PM
    Oh, that's a neat feature. I have two emails right now: my Yahoo and Penn State one.

I have on the home screen (from left to right): SMS and MMS, Yahoo mail, PSU mail, Contacts, Calender, and then browser.

I also have another question. When I download apps like the blackberry app world and the crackberry one, do they just sit in the "downloads" folder till I move them? Why don't they just go to a spot on the menu (when I hit the blackberry button).

Sorry for the all the questions, but this is my first BB.

EDIT: Yeah, it doesn't show texts for me either.
    07-12-09 06:07 PM
    If it's the same as the Storm (and I believe it is), go into the Messages icon, press the BB/Menu button, and choose Options. Then choose General Options. About halfway down the screen, you will see "SMS and Email Inboxes"... that is where you can have them separated, or combined.

The default place for downloads to go is to the Download folder. Then you can move them out of that folder. You should be able to change this, as well. But I can't remember how I changed it. I have mine set to just download to the applications menu (which would be the expanded home screen menu for the Tour).
    07-12-09 06:14 PM
    So yours just move into the applications folder?
    07-12-09 06:16 PM
    I found it... go into your expanded home screen, then press the BB/Menu button and choose Options. At the top of the screen, you should be able to choose where you want downloads to go. I have mine set to download right to my application screen (expanded home screen). See if the Tour works that way, too.
    07-12-09 06:17 PM
    So would that be my home folder ?
    07-12-09 06:21 PM
    Yes... it will be your Home folder.
    07-12-09 06:21 PM
    So the home folder is just basically the expanded blackberry menu?
    07-12-09 06:23 PM
    Yes. It is part of the Home screen. Your Home screen is technically the screen that your Tour always shows. The expanded home screen will show all of your folders and apps that can't fit on the actual home screen. The "Home" folder includes both. So if you have them download to "Home", then they will show up on your expanded menu because there is no room for them on the actual Home screen once you have filled that up.
    07-12-09 06:25 PM
    Thanks so much Morf32. You were a huge help!

I'm from PA too.
    07-12-09 06:33 PM
    I saw that you mentioned Penn State. I used to live in State College when I first moved to PA... I live in Hollidaysburg now... it's like a suburb of Altoona.
    07-12-09 06:34 PM
    I saw that you mentioned Penn State. I used to live in State College when I first moved to PA... I live in Hollidaysburg now... it's like a suburb of Altoona.
    Yeah, that's like 30 min from my house. I live in Portage. I went to the Verizon by Best Buy today. Logan Town Center I believe it's called. They opened at 10, which is 2 hours earlier than the one closest to me in Johnstown.
    07-12-09 06:37 PM
    Yeah, that's like 30 min from my house. I live in Portage. I went to the Verizon by Best Buy today. Logan Town Center I believe it's called. They opened at 10, which is 2 hours earlier than the one closest to me in Johnstown.
    Yep. I live about 4 miles from Logan Town Center. I love living that close to a book store. Ha ha ha!
    07-12-09 06:38 PM
    Yep. I live about 4 miles from Logan Town Center. I love living that close to a book store. Ha ha ha!
    Very nice.

One more question.
    I have a trail of berrybuzz going right now, but when I get a text my selected sound plays and the LED flashes but after about 2 or 3 seconds some other noise plays. I don't get it.
    07-12-09 06:44 PM
    Very nice.

One more question.
    I have a trail of berrybuzz going right now, but when I get a text my selected sound plays and the LED flashes but after about 2 or 3 seconds some other noise plays. I don't get it.
    You mean you're using the BerryBuzz app? I don't know about that... I don't use it. I can't help you with that one. I'm sorry.
    07-12-09 06:46 PM
    I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. It just like makes a reminder noise or something a few seconds after and I don't want it.
    07-12-09 06:48 PM
    I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. It just like makes a reminder noise or something a few seconds after and I don't want it.
    I would just go through all of the options in BerryBuzz and see if it can be stopped through there. I would assume that is a BerryBuzz thing since the phone doesn't do that on its own.
    07-12-09 06:50 PM
    I'm uninstalling it to see if it works.
    07-12-09 06:51 PM
    Yep, that seemed to work. I guess I just won't mess with BerryBuzz for right now.
    07-12-09 07:27 PM
    The "Messages" folder will show all messages that you receive... even text messages, if you don't want them separated. If you would rather just use the Yahoo icon, then you can move the Messages icon into a folder where you don't see it, or you can hide it so you don't see it. I prefer to use the Messages icon because I have a couple different email addresses on my phone, and all the messages go to the Messages icon. I have just moved the actual email icons (Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) into a folder where I don't see them. The Messages icon should also show missed calls, unless you set it not to.
    How do I set my messages folder not to show missed calls? Is there a way to create a new folder for that and have them routed there?
    07-12-09 07:45 PM
    Yes... they can just be shown in the regular call log. Go into the phone, press BB/Menu button, choose Options... then choose Call Logging... set that to "None", and the missed calls will only show in your regular call log.
    07-12-09 07:51 PM
    Yes... they can just be shown in the regular call log. Go into the phone, press BB/Menu button, choose Options... then choose Call Logging... set that to "None", and the missed calls will only show in your regular call log.
    Under options, I do not have a choice of "call logging."
    07-12-09 08:10 PM
    Under options, I do not have a choice of "call logging."
    Did you go into the phone first? Press the green phone button, then when you are at the dial pad for the phone, press the BB/Menu button and choose Options. Is that what you did and there is no Call Logging on the Options screen that comes up?
    07-12-09 08:28 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD