I apologize if this has been discussed...the search function wasn't much help.

I recently purchased a tour 9630. I have set up two email accounts with this phone a personal POP3 account and my work email which runs through MS outlook:web access. I am receiving emails fine with my gmail account, however my work account is sending duplicate messages with in 5-45 mins of each other. Also emails on my device are not marking themselves as read after i have read them on my laptop or vice versa. I know with my iphone anything work email i read on my iphone/laptop would automatically be marked read on the alternate device. So i have two questions...

1. How do i stop the duplicate messages.

2. how do i get my tour to communicate with my computer and mark items as read on both after i have read them on one?

Thank you so much!
    10-28-09 04:14 PM
    1. No idea. Do you have some sort of forwarding going on between the email addresses?

2. You can't with POP email on BIS.
    10-28-09 06:44 PM
    no forwarding..and its only happening with the work account.

I know that with POP it wont mark emails...but i know it works with Exchange servers...and my work email is trough the exchange server. This is about the only thing i miss about my iphone, because my iphone had no problem marking emails as read from my work(exchange server) email.
    10-29-09 10:10 AM
    Yep. It doesn't matter if your work email is going through an Exchange Server or something else. If you are not actually on the BES, you won't get BES functionality. Sorry.
    10-29-09 10:57 AM
    I set up filters on BIS profile at blackberry.net not to deliver my from my own email addresses which mail is pushed from. This stopped the duplication indefinitely and you need only go back and do it again if you add another email account.
    10-29-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD