Im trying to get my email to work on my blackberry but it wont work just by adding a new email address. The email is through a private server IE: not gmail, hotmail, etc. I need to change the Incoming POP3 server and Outgoing SMTP server to get it to work. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks I hope I explained this the right way.
    08-02-09 05:02 PM
    Easiest way would be to log in to your BIS (assuming you're on BIS anyway) and do it from there.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    08-02-09 05:33 PM
    tried that and i got an error message. Sorry im new at this. this is the error message

Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service.
    08-02-09 05:56 PM
    Go to that URL I posted with your Desktop Browser. Like Firefox or IE.

Create an account, enter the requested information which can be found on in Options -> Status on your BlackBerry.
    08-02-09 06:05 PM
    Thats what i did, i entered my pin and the meid # and thats when i got the error message
    08-02-09 06:15 PM
    wow this is starting to really **** me off
    08-02-09 06:21 PM
    weird.

try this.

Open up email setup on your phone and press the options key and goto create new account.

try it that way then try to login to the BIS on your computer.
    08-02-09 06:24 PM
    I had a similar error. You need to go to that address on your blackberry's browser first, not on your desktop. It will log you in on the BB browser, from where you can create a login account. Once this is created, you can go to the site and log in with your account details, and it will let you.
    08-02-09 06:46 PM
    i give up. this was the whole reason i bought this damn phone, so i could get my work email. I think im going back to my enV
    08-02-09 06:49 PM
    I had a similar error. You need to go to that address on your blackberry's browser first, not on your desktop. It will log you in on the BB browser, from where you can create a login account. Once this is created, you can go to the site and log in with your account details, and it will let you.
    I tried that, it gave me the error message

"The site cannot be accessed in this manner. Please use the URL or link provided to you by your service provider."
    08-02-09 06:51 PM
    I tried that, it gave me the error message

"The site cannot be accessed in this manner. Please use the URL or link provided to you by your service provider."
    You need to go to the EMAIL SETUP icon on your device, and follow the prompts. You can add email accounts from your handheld using this service. Once you've registered FROM your handheld, it will ask you to create a username and password so you can login from a computer.

Try having a little patience, I am pretty sure calling tech support would have solved this problem, too.
    08-02-09 06:54 PM
    I can pretty much guess that you bought your BB from a third party and not directly from Verizon? That message generally only happens with devices purchased from Best Buy, FS, etc.
    08-02-09 06:55 PM
    You need to go to the EMAIL SETUP icon on your device, and follow the prompts. You can add email accounts from your handheld using this service. Once you've registered FROM your handheld, it will ask you to create a username and password so you can login from a computer.

Try having a little patience, I am pretty sure calling tech support would have solved this problem, too.
    I have tried to use the email setup and it wont access the server, it always says "unable to setup ****@***.net. Please try again.

I have can add every other email account from gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc..... but it wont allow me to set it up for my companies server.

i was trying to figure this out by using this site, before i called customer support.
    08-02-09 07:06 PM
    I can pretty much guess that you bought your BB from a third party and not directly from Verizon? That message generally only happens with devices purchased from Best Buy, FS, etc.
    No I got this directly from a verizon store.
    08-02-09 07:07 PM
    I have tried to use the email setup and it wont access the server, it always says "unable to setup ****@***.net. Please try again.

I have can add every other email account from gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc..... but it wont allow me to set it up for my companies server.

i was trying to figure this out by using this site, before i called customer support.
    This is a work email? It is entirely possible that you won't be allowed to set up work email on your personal device.
    08-02-09 07:07 PM

Call VZW Tech Support. They have access to the BlackBerry Admin Site and can reset and setup everything from there. It'll save a lot of headaches I promise.
    08-02-09 07:10 PM
    You might want to speak to the company you work for first, and make sure that having your work email come to your device isn't a violation of their privacy policy. You don't want to get into trouble for something simply because you didn't realize it. IT policies generally prevent this sort of thing, especially if your company runs on BES
    08-02-09 07:15 PM
    You might want to speak to the company you work for first, and make sure that having your work email come to your device isn't a violation of their privacy policy. You don't want to get into trouble for something simply because you didn't realize it. IT policies generally prevent this sort of thing, especially if your company runs on BES
    Well my company is owned by my father, and i was told by the guy who set up the server what changes to make, to make it work, i just cant get into the setting to change them.
    08-02-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD