I am new here so please be kind if I am not up to speed.

Looked through a bunch of other threads and have found nothing.

My email is being deleted on my 9630 after 1-2 hours if I don't open it.

If I open a message it will be there indefinitely, but if I don't open a message it only stays in the inbox for one to two hours, then just disappears.

I come into work in the morning and there are 20 or so unopened emails in my POP3 account, but only one or two on my phone, and none older than an hour or so.

Been testing this and, like clock work, the emails are deleted even though I have not erased or even opened them in my outlook app or on the POP3 server.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Verizon has had me do both soft and hard resets of the phone with no solution.

Maybe I got a special "Tiger Woods Edition 9630"?
    03-05-10 11:56 AM
    LOL! I don't have an answer but the Tiger Woods comment cracked me up. I'm assuming you've tried the battery pull?did it do this from the beginning or did it just start? Sounds like maybe a defective piece if it was like that to begin with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 01:25 PM
    From day one.

Am getting different stories from Verizon. Was told by one guy that it was a known problem. Told by others that it is not.

Tried wiping, pulling battery, etc, to no avail.

I noticed a title called "memory cleaner options" when I was reloading backup files.

Asked Verizon tech if he knew what that was, and he said he didn't.

Any comments?........anyone?

Phone is virtually new with no apps loaded other than those by VZW......that I know of. Pruchased directly from VZW.

Running 4.7.1.61
    03-05-10 01:41 PM
    Are you using BIS or BES? If it is BES then it is possible it is a setting that the BES admin needs to change.
    03-05-10 01:51 PM
    Again, forgive me, but I don't know what BES and BIS is.
    03-05-10 02:06 PM
    BES = Blackberry Enterprise Server
    BIS = Blackberry Internet Server

BES is traditionally used by company provided devices whereas BIS is associated with your personal email address from hotmail,gmail, yahoo so on and so forth.

I'd start by looking at your email options/settings and make sure that you understand the conflict action settings, basically what happens when there's a conflict between what's on the email server and what's one the blackberry device, which one wins. I can't speak for anyone else, but I have my settings set up so that when a conflict arises, my email servers ALWAYS win. I do this because the ONLY time i'm logged into them is to retrieve something I might have deleted off my blackberry. As long as the server always wins and you don't rarely ever log into it directly, you'll never lose an email unless the server just plain crashes.
    03-05-10 02:47 PM
    I have been set to "mailbox" wins almost from the get-go. My only options were "mailbox" or "handheld".

I just started getting a whole bunch of mail that wasn't on my phone just an hour or so ago.

It is from around 8:00 this morning.

Wonder if someone changed something at VZW?

Will test again over night to see what happens. I DO have my phone setup to NOT go into standby overnight as I thought this may have been the issue.

Since they are time stamped from early today I will watch and see if they automatically drop off or not in an hour or so.

Tomorrow will be able to tell for sure if resolved.

My fingers are crossed.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    03-05-10 02:59 PM
    I had a problem like this when I first got my Tour, but I think it was all messages in my case, but RIM walked me thru this fix: in your Outlook, open Tools - click E-mail accounts - make sure "View or change exsisting e-mail accounts" is selected, and click Next - click Change - then More Settings - then Advanced - down at Delivery there is a "Remove from server after 'X' days". This should be set to however long you want your mail left on your device (without marking them as saved). Hope this works for you, this is my first contribution to the Crackberry nation.
    03-05-10 09:05 PM
    Do you have any rules in outlook that move your messages to other folders or to your PST? this would also remove your messages.
    03-05-10 09:13 PM
    I am new here so please be kind if I am not up to speed.

Looked through a bunch of other threads and have found nothing.

My email is being deleted on my 9630 after 1-2 hours if I don't open it.

If I open a message it will be there indefinitely, but if I don't open a message it only stays in the inbox for one to two hours, then just disappears.

I come into work in the morning and there are 20 or so unopened emails in my POP3 account, but only one or two on my phone, and none older than an hour or so.

Been testing this and, like clock work, the emails are deleted even though I have not erased or even opened them in my outlook app or on the POP3 server.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Verizon has had me do both soft and hard resets of the phone with no solution.

Maybe I got a special "Tiger Woods Edition 9630"?
    Haha, Tiger Woods... How Funny
    03-06-10 01:10 AM
    Thanks all.

Just to complete this thread for anyones future referrence. It was what woodgood says.

I found it on my own this morning poking around the menus on Outlook.

You would think a solution this easy would have been trained to the monkeys at the Verizon "help" line. Instead they took me through all that wiping and resetting BS!!

At least it seems to be working now.

Thanks again.
    03-08-10 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD