I just want to say... This is a neat app. This is going to come in handy around Christmas time. Anyone else try thing thing out yet?
    09-16-09 11:19 PM
    yes i also have installed it and haven't really put it to the test yet but i found myself going around the house looking for stuff and seeing if it would come out hehe..
    09-16-09 11:26 PM
    What is it? Is it free? And from where can you download?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 11:27 PM
    it's actually pretty nice it's a barcode reader here is the link to see the CB blog about it

http://crackberry.com/edocrab-public-beta-now-open
    09-17-09 12:12 AM
    i found myself going around the house looking for stuff and seeing if it would come out hehe..
    Glad I'm not the only one
    09-17-09 12:35 AM
    I could never get it to read the barcodes
    09-17-09 12:43 AM
    you can always enter the numbers enter all the numbers even the ones that are way to the left and right the single ones away from the group should work
    09-17-09 12:46 AM
    Here's the link for the FREE edocrab download:
    edocrab | Leave the Jungle. Hit the beach.

09-17-09 10:37 AM
    I think it's great!

I had a hard time finding something to scan at the office to try it out, but it worked great on some electronics boxes I had at home! Even a random yarn wrapper that my wife had sitting on the coffee table, LOL!
    09-17-09 11:01 AM
    you're not holding your tongue right

what i found works well is to zoom all the way in on the camera and take the picture
    09-17-09 11:05 AM
    In another thread, a poster claimed 2x zoom was required.

Auto-focus is absolutely required.

09-17-09 11:07 AM
    Just noticed there is a bug: the Camera App remains open when you leave Edocrab.

That's annoying! Hopefully they address this with an update in the near future.

09-17-09 11:09 AM
    just d/l the free App and fiddled w/it a little. I had a problem w/taking a pic of the sku, so I manually typed the sku# & it worked pretty good - it's a keeper for now, at least.
    09-17-09 11:23 AM
    I tried it on a few things around the house and it works as advertised. The real test will come when I take it to a store where I intend to make a consumer purchase. I'd be interested to see if or how I'd be able to use this app to help make a buying decision.
    09-17-09 12:13 PM
    It takes some getting used to. I've only used it a couple of times. Once I got it on my first try, the other time it took three attempts.
    09-17-09 12:21 PM
    Maybe even use this app to help with pricematching.

I tried it and it appears to work. I did a microwave and it came up with about 8 stores with their pricing.

I tried to get this yesterday and the program would not load.

It worked today though.

thank you
    Jordan
    09-17-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD