I just switched over to the Tour from the Storm and have been loving it. The trackball works perfect and the battery door doesn't move at all. It feels like a very solid device. However, yesterday I tried to plug in a set of 3.5mm headphone and it would only go in about a 1/3 of the way. It acted like something was blocking it. I looked inside the jack itself and couldn't see anything that would cause a problem. I then tried the RIM headset that came with the phone and had the same result. This is a green dot Tour and have had no problems with it until now and was just wondering if the headphone jack could be easily replaced without having to get a new device all together and risk getting a bad one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 02:19 PM
    Opening the case to replace it will void your warranty for sure, and it's probably soldered straight to the board

09-21-09 03:55 PM
    One again, the fact that folks are so afraid of Tour defects they are unwilling to use either their 30 day-return or warranty to get another Tour.
    09-21-09 06:18 PM
    I actually just got my green dot replacement over the weekend as well and i noticed my headphones didn't exactly fit. It wasn't until I put them in at an angle and wiggled it a little bit that they went in all the way.

Now though the issuse is that if I jiggle the jack while its plugged in, it sets off the voice dial button. This is a big issue though because I had it in my pocket today and just from walking it would set it off and interupt my music.

I tried calling RIM thinking maybe they would have an answer but of course they were closed already.

I plan on taking it to verizon and showing them in hopes to get another replacement, I would too if I were you. Verizon has never given me a hard time on a replacement.
    09-21-09 06:35 PM
    I thought maybe it was the cheap headphones I jad perhaps bad polarity or something, but mine are doing the same thing.....makes it even easier to swap now.....

09-21-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD