Being one of the faithful, I was on the phone the day the pre-order went live ordering my Tour. I'm more than a little annoyed about how the pre-order has worked overall. Allow me to elaborate.

The tele-sales guy that I spoke with assured me that the phone would be arriving here on Monday, one day after launch. Signed me up and everything.

Now, one day after launch I'm realizing I made a mistake. I didn't save any money by pre-ordering, because friends of mine are showing me their phones and telling me their prices. I certainly didn't fulfill my Blackberry desire, because had I NOT pre-ordered I could have had the phone on Sunday morning like everyone else.

And worst of all, I called Cust Svc and asked if I could get it at a local store. They said "Sure, just do that and then refuse the package when FedEx comes on Wed. It'll automatically get credited back to you."

So I went to a local VZ store and tried to do just that. The girl at the counter - and her manager - both told me that "because there's a pending order on your account we can't sell you one, even at full retail price, there's nothing we can do except wait for the shipment to arrive."

Now, because I was loyal and interested enough to pre-order, I get the privilege of waiting several extra days to get the phone. In fact, by pre-ordering early I didn't even get the promised overnight shipping that apparently later people were offered. In the future I will not be pre-ordering ANYTHING from VZ. They should have made it more attractive to the loyal fans by either shipping it a day or two early, with an eye towards having it arrive on the launch date, or by saving us some cash.
    07-13-09 09:15 AM
    Well if even you did over night it won't be there till tom.. Depending on when verizon actually shipped their phones which I would assume itd be monday or possibly friday if you're lucky which would put it at monday delivery. If you don't want to wait a few days then just go to the store and get one and refuse the shipment
    07-13-09 09:19 AM
    I agree!

I figured they would ship them on Friday though? Why the **** not? It's not like they JUST got them on Sunday.
    07-13-09 09:19 AM
    I ordered mine online for pre-order on 7/6. All week when I checked the website it said something to the effect of "Order waiting for approval or phone availability." Fast forward to yesterday, I head over to the store and I am the 3rd person in line. I explain to the sales rep. that I ordered online but was hoping to get it in person today. Initially she said no, but offered to look up my account to see if there was anything she could do. She looked through everything and told me that no order was placed, there was nothing in the system about a pending order or anything. That's weird I thought, so I pulled out my 8830 WE and showed her the confirmation email and everything. She still said no record of my purchase. So I go ahead and get one in person for $169.99 - 70 MIR = $99.99 (what I paid for it online with a mail in rebate as opposed to instant rebate). I totally forgot about checking out my initial order online when I got home. Just checked now and it says, "Order Status: Your order has been processed. You should receive your order within 2 - 3 business days." Just checked my credit card that I used, and it has no charges from Verizon at all, for my online or in store purchases. Kind of weird, no? Yesterdays charge may not have posted yet, but surely the online charge should have been showing up by now. Anyone have any thoughts?
    07-13-09 09:35 AM
    I ordered mine online for pre-order on 7/6. All week when I checked the website it said something to the effect of "Order waiting for approval or phone availability." Fast forward to yesterday, I head over to the store and I am the 3rd person in line. I explain to the sales rep. that I ordered online but was hoping to get it in person today. Initially she said no, but offered to look up my account to see if there was anything she could do. She looked through everything and told me that no order was placed, there was nothing in the system about a pending order or anything. That's weird I thought, so I pulled out my 8830 WE and showed her the confirmation email and everything. She still said no record of my purchase. So I go ahead and get one in person for $169.99 - 70 MIR = $99.99 (what I paid for it online with a mail in rebate as opposed to instant rebate). I totally forgot about checking out my initial order online when I got home. Just checked now and it says, "Order Status: Your order has been processed. You should receive your order within 2 - 3 business days." Just checked my credit card that I used, and it has no charges from Verizon at all, for my online or in store purchases. Kind of weird, no? Yesterdays charge may not have posted yet, but surely the online charge should have been showing up by now. Anyone have any thoughts?
    They might not post the charge until it's shipped...I don't know, just guessing
    07-13-09 09:49 AM
    They might not post the charge until it's shipped...I don't know, just guessing
    VZW's site says it already shipped.
    07-13-09 09:53 AM
    Wonder if they are coming direct from blackberry. In that case Verzion did not have them at all.
    07-13-09 10:05 AM
    I pre-ordered mine on 7/11 and it's already been sent out for shipment. I'm checking the tracking now and it's being delivered from PA to my office in NYC. Not sure if that's a Blackberry warehouse, but I've got standard overnight delivery so it should arrive tomorrow morning.
    07-13-09 10:14 AM
    If you don't want to wait a few days then just go to the store and get one and refuse the shipment
    Did you not read his 5th paragraph?
    07-13-09 11:05 AM
    Did you not read his 5th paragraph?
    yes I did.. I'm just getting sick of coming to these forums and there's nothing but everythread complaning about one thing or another. If people wanted the phone on day one they should go to the store. If you preorder than you should expect it's not going to be there on the day of release epecially a sunday one.
    07-13-09 11:09 AM
    Hey man just look at it like this; You don't have to wait for some lame mail in rebate. You get the wonderful convenience of the thing coming directly to your door ( which means no driving to the store and dealing with the verizon rep.)

...And most likely by this time tomorrow you will be right there with your friends playing with your tour, but hey, you already saved your 70 bucks while they wait for theirs. That right there is incentive if you ask me
    07-13-09 11:11 AM
    As soon as tomorrow gets here and you and everyone else has their Tour who pre-ordered ( me included), all will be fine with the world. No need to panic.
    07-13-09 11:18 AM
    yes I did.. I'm just getting sick of coming to these forums and there's nothing but everythread complaning about one thing or another. If people wanted the phone on day one they should go to the store. If you preorder than you should expect it's not going to be there on the day of release epecially a sunday one.
    Then don't read them.

I completely agree OP. There was literally 0 reason to pre-order.
    07-13-09 11:31 AM
    That doesn't negate the fact that you read something and then gave him a recommendation to do something that he already said won't work.

I'd be a bit pissed off as well. I almost did the pre-order with VZW until I saw the Best Buy offer. Went to Best Buy and got mine day of and $50 cheaper than Verizon.

It's just a bad PR move by VZW. They should have done it where if you Pre-Ordered, you received the phone in the mail the day the phone was released just as if you went to the store, just without the lines and chaos.
    07-13-09 11:38 AM
    Then don't read them.

I completely agree OP. There was literally 0 reason to pre-order.
    There are reasons to pre-order. But obviously if you are the type that needs to have it the first day, then you shouldn't have.

Instant rebate, shipped directly to my house, and I didn't want to have to deal with the Verizon store.

It's just a bad PR move by VZW. They should have done it where if you Pre-Ordered, you received the phone in the mail the day the phone was released just as if you went to the store, just without the lines and chaos.
    So how should they make sure you got the phone on a sunday via shipping?
    07-13-09 11:41 AM
    Hey man just look at it like this; You don't have to wait for some lame mail in rebate. You get the wonderful convenience of the thing coming directly to your door ( which means no driving to the store and dealing with the verizon rep.)

...And most likely by this time tomorrow you will be right there with your friends playing with your tour, but hey, you already saved your 70 bucks while they wait for theirs. That right there is incentive if you ask me
    Exactly! I pre-ordered mine knowing that it was not going to arrive at my door until Tuesday. Sure, I could've went to the store and bought it on Sunday, but then I would've been paying an extra $70 that I would have to wait weeks to get it back (and it would be on a debit card too). Instead, I ordered it online and have the convenience of not wasting gas and saving $70 right off the bat. Two extra days is certainly not going to kill me.
    07-13-09 11:46 AM
    There are reasons to pre-order. But obviously if you are the type that needs to have it the first day, then you shouldn't have.

Instant rebate, shipped directly to my house, and I didn't want to have to deal with the Verizon store.

So how should they make sure you got the phone on a sunday via shipping?
    That's the POINT.

They shouldn't have released it on a Sunday if Pre-Order provided no benefit to purchasers. They could release on a Saturday and do Saturday delivery for those that put down cash early. They could release on a Monday and ship on a Friday so they receive it on a Monday. I don't think it's that difficult to understand. USPS, UPS, FedEx don't ship on Sundays. This isn't a new revelation.

The whole point of pre-order is to ensure you have it the day of without hassle because it's that important to you.
    07-13-09 11:50 AM
    That's the POINT.

They shouldn't have released it on a Sunday if Pre-Order provided no benefit to purchasers. They could release on a Saturday and do Saturday delivery for those that put down cash early. They could release on a Monday and ship on a Friday so they receive it on a Monday. I don't think it's that difficult to understand. USPS, UPS, FedEx don't ship on Sundays. This isn't a new revelation.

The whole point of pre-order is to ensure you have it the day of without hassle because it's that important to you.
    No, the point of a pre-order is to guarantee that you have the device when it is launched. It launched on Sunday, the next shipping day is obviously on Monday. If you pre-ordered and were too dumb to realize that, then i'm sorry.
    07-13-09 11:53 AM
    I Pre-ordered mine as well, and should receive tomorrow per tracking number. Won't I have to go to the store anyways to transfer phone numbers from my curve? I bet I could do this on desktop manager tho... right?
    07-13-09 11:55 AM
    I Pre-ordered mine as well, and should receive tomorrow per tracking number. Won't I have to go to the store anyways to transfer phone numbers from my curve? I bet I could do this on desktop manager tho... right?
    From a BB to a BB, you can use the desktop manager. I'm switching from a Voyager so I have to go to the store to get the contacts transferred.
    07-13-09 11:57 AM
    Agree with Illuminatus 100%. Since it isn't a new revelation that USPS, UPS, FedEX don't ship on Sundays and you knew that the phone is released on a sunday, then you PROBABLY shouldn't have preordered if you didn't want to wait. That's also not difficult to understand.
    Like I said before all the people who are crying and are near death will be happy as ever when they get their Tour tomorrow. I guarantee waiting one more day won't kill you.
    07-13-09 11:58 AM
    But what if I get hit by the tour bus and don't live till tomorrow ?? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 12:02 PM
    Agree with Illuminatus 100%. Since it isn't a new revelation that USPS, UPS, FedEX don't ship on Sundays and you knew that the phone is released on a sunday, then you PROBABLY shouldn't have preordered if you didn't want to wait. That's also not difficult to understand.
    Like I said before all the people who are crying and are near death will be happy as ever when they get their Tour tomorrow. I guarantee waiting one more day won't kill you.
    I don't disagree with you regarding the Sunday delivery thing. This isn't brain science. However, it would be nice to receive the phone the day after, not Tuesday which is 2 days after release.

I almost did the preorder until they told me the phone wouldn't be delivered until Tuesday. I found it easier to go to BestBuy and do it that way.
    07-13-09 12:03 PM
    No, the point of a pre-order is to guarantee that you have the device when it is launched. It launched on Sunday, the next shipping day is obviously on Monday. If you pre-ordered and were too dumb to realize that, then i'm sorry.
    Therefore, the user doesn't get the device when it is launched. Bad move by Verizon in my opinion. And it's just that, an opinion. They could easily have done a different day (pick any of the 6 other days during the week) to guarantee to your point, that users get the phone the day it's released.
    07-13-09 12:05 PM
    I pre-ordered mine on 7/11 and it's already been sent out for shipment. I'm checking the tracking now and it's being delivered from PA to my office in NYC. Not sure if that's a Blackberry warehouse, but I've got standard overnight delivery so it should arrive tomorrow morning.

I ordered mine earlier than that, but same exact route. My tour is still in West Chester PA, wish it would hurry up and get to NYC. Its not that far away!
    07-13-09 12:06 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD