I apologize in advance for my 'dumb' question, as I am new to the BB world. Question is, when I have my BB on "Vibrate Only", is there a function to get my BB to not vibrate when I receive emails? I still would like to it vibrate if I recieve a text, but not basic emails. Is this possible? My vibration is turned to "off" in email settings.

Thanks!
    08-18-09 11:45 AM
    anyone?
    08-18-09 01:15 PM
    Go to your Profile Manager (upper right hand corner of the home screen.) Scroll down to Set Ring Tones/Alerts and select it.

Then you will need to expand the Emails settings. There you would turn Vibration to off. Now you need to be aware that this will turn off vibration all the time, not just in the Vibration setting.

If you want to set up vibrate for everything else and not for Emails you can do a Custom Profile. You will have to set everything up, but that will allow you still have Vibration on all the other Profiles.

Hope that helps.....
    08-18-09 01:55 PM
    ^Thanks, I actually researched more and figured it out. I needed to create a custom profile and set the email to "no" on vibrate. Ultimately, I'm using my custom profile as active instead of the "Normal" profile in the sounds setting.
    08-18-09 02:08 PM
    Yeah, on devices prior to the Storm and Tour, each standard profile was able to be configured separately. Many of us older bb users really miss how it was. Now everything has to be done through custom profiles to really make it the way we want it for notifications.
    08-18-09 02:14 PM
    Yeah, on devices prior to the Storm and Tour, each standard profile was able to be configured separately. Many of us older bb users really miss how it was. Now everything has to be done through custom profiles to really make it the way we want it for notifications.
    I hear you I came over from a 8703e and there was huge learning curve. But Crackberry has been my ever present companion to fix all of my problems.....
    08-18-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD